How to change Starter character's mesh and ONLY the mesh?

Yes i know there’s a billion questions like these, but the only answer i could find goes something like this:

This makes it so the player character looks exactly like the Model StarterCharacter. But i don’t want that to happend, i only want the mesh to change. Is there a way to do this and keep the player’s colors/accessories/face?

I’ve tried

for _,v in ipairs(script.DefaultMesh:GetChildren()) do

if v:IsA("MeshPart") then

local CharacterMeshPart = PlayerCharacter:FindFirstChild(v.Name)			
		CharacterMeshPart.MeshId = v.MeshId	

end

end

but it gives an error: “The current thread cannot write ‘MeshId’ (lacking capability NotAccessible)”

2 Likes

i had a similar issue as a lot of the mesh properties are read only, if you have a specific mesh that you wish to use, make a reference object of it and instead of writing the meshid, clone the mesh object with the desired meshid into the part you want to change. texture should be writable so you can use the original mesh texture if need be.

3 Likes

Cloning a mesh object into the character’s bodyparts doesn’t change the way they look. Probably because they’re “MeshParts”, i tested with a regular part and it did work.

1 Like

Found a Solution: HumanoidDescription | Documentação - Central de Criadores Roblox

Player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(Character)
	-- HumanoidDescription that contains everything about the player character
	local HumanDescription = Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(tostring(Player.UserId))
	-- Change the specific properties you want, for example:
	HumanDescription.LeftLeg = 376531300
	HumanDescription.LeftArm = 376530220
	HumanDescription.RightLeg = 376531703
	HumanDescription.RightArm = 376531012
	HumanDescription.Torso = 376532000
	HumanDescription.Head = 0

-- And keep the rest:
	local Humanoid = Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
	Humanoid:ApplyDescription(HumanDescription)
end)

imagem_2023-10-17_162242940

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.