How to change the cursor in rbx Studio while still letting a click detector change the cursor?

Im working on a horror game and have been for a while.

how do you change the default roblox cursor to something else, while still having all the same characteristics, and when you interact with something, the click detector icon remains different and still prompts a diferent cursor when doing so.?

i would like to change the Cursor arrow icon, to something else, without preventing the change in icon when you hover over a click detector.

like is there any easy fix like maybe change a assetid in PlayerModule?

1 Like

Yeah you can just use userinput service

local uis= game:GetService("UserInputService")
uis.MouseIcon = "whatevericonyouwant?" -- example: rbxassetid://3400146391

make sure that the script is a local script

yes i know this already, im asking how do you do this but when interacting with a click detector it changes accordingly

detector.CursorIcon = "rbxassetid://--"

when setting the cursor icon in a local script, and interacting with a server script with this, it doesnt change the cursor icon to the detector cursor icon.? how fix?

how can i make Uis.mouseicon interact with (function(plr)? the Player?

local uis = game:GetService("UserInputService")

--

detector.MouseHoverEnter:Connect(function(plr)
	uis.MouseIcon = "rbxassetid://--"
end)
detector.MouseHoverLeave:Connect(function(plr)
	uis.MouseIcon = "rbxassetid://--"
end)

like this ?

plr.uis.MouseIcon -- ?

I am a bit late but

just change mouse cursor property

1 Like

sorry for not being clear. the problem isnt changing the cursor icon. its finding a way to do so without overriding the cursorid used in a click detector. if i change the normal cursorid it wont let me use click detectors.

this didnt work.

sorry for not being clear. the problem isnt changing the cursor icon. its finding a way to do so without overriding the cursorid used in a click detector. if i change the normal cursorid it wont let me use click detectors.

Nvm i figured it out

in order to change the cursor when looking at a click detector, you need to send a fire client to the client when mousehoverenter to change it to your cursor, then when it leaves reverting it back to your old cursor using another fireclient.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.