How to check if player is an boy or an girl?

Hi, is there any thing that will show if the player boy or an girl (can be selected while registration on Roblox)? If there’s an API, that will show your current gender, please send a link on it!

10 Likes

Simply create two buttons for users to choose their gender in the game girl or boy.

11 Likes

I already do it in my 2nd game, but it’s not simple. You need to code the selection of gender, text labels that will show your gender and gender changer. That’s really really hard.

6 Likes

Found it!!! Swagger UI

6 Likes

As @zahra_y735 said, make buttons. I dont think theres an y other way to do it, or an API for it. :sad:

My bad.

9 Likes

https://accountinformation.roblox.com/v1/gender

5 Likes

That returns the authenticated users gender :skull:

7 Likes

That’s bad, but it’s doesn’t matter for Roblox game (or it is)?

5 Likes

How do you plan on authenticating the user? You would need the players cookie, and even if you got it, it wouldnt work because of session protection

6 Likes

But, will it work or at least print the player’s gender if it works for authentificated user?

5 Likes

Do you know what authenticating means? It means that the user must be logged in for the API to work.

It’s not possible to do this

3 Likes

Fu–, it’s really-really bad lol.

3 Likes

Do you mind marking that as the solution? Sounds silly but one of us are probably going to need it in the future (probably me):slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

As far as I know, the only way is to make buttons, and have the player select one.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.