How to check if the player is using the Windows 10 version of roblox?

There was a game yesterday that got deleted almost instantly, because it was unfiltered voice chat, but it had a system to detect if you were using the Windows 10 Version to prevent exploiting. I think that was a really good idea, and I want to do it for my game because I was going to do a live stream competiton, and who ever wins would get a robux prize. I didn’t want some exploiter to join my game and ruin it, so I thought this system would work well, since almost all exploits use the Roblox Desktop Client instead of the Windows 10 version. I tried surfing the web for it, and cant find anything, even on the DevForum. Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

There was some problems, I don’t think you can check if a user is on Windows 10, and that was not approved by roblox. The game was made by a famous hacker that hacked mepcity and more games.

I know, but I don’t think they used a external system.

They used some external systems that checked if the user is Windows 10, mobile or something else. Also, the need to be Windows 10 is because it is the single Windows that can be hacked by him. Windows 10 on Microsoft store have some bugs whitch let him hack the system.

Oh. Well, I can detect mobile at least. I’ll just have to have really good exploit protection.

Even mobile can be exploited and I don’t think there is a way to stop it. Also, I think your game will be removed not because of the filtering, but because it uses some sorts of hacks and off-set websites that are used to hack the system.

No, they only used an external website for the voice chat part. Restricting certain players from joining your game is allowed.

What you’re trying to do is allowed, though I’m not certain how it’s done you shouldn’t have to worry about your game getting banned. Hopefully someone else knows how to detect this, since as you said it is a great idea.

They used also some hacks to send the voice to roblox. They send your real voice (Not changed like translate’s one) and also it can’t be filtered. So, this isn’t possible because this is bypassing roblox’s moderation system.

Yeah, true. It is a great idea (especially since who wins gets ROUX).
But if no one can do it, it is getting streamed, so I will review the footage before I get the roux

I don’t think you are really allowed to give robux, this may be seen as a scam and get you banned.

I’ll have to re-read the TOS then.

Edit: It doesn’t seem to be breaking rules, I may have missed something, I’ll check again.
Edit 2: I just searched the word “scam”, and I think I might be breaking the rules. But then again, the game wasnt made for a prize, the livestream is.

The OP is not looking for the voice-chat feature, which as you said, isn’t allowed. He’s looking for a way to detect the if the player is using the Microsoft Store version of Roblox or the regular version, which is allowed. They did not use “some external systems” as you call it to know what version of Roblox they’re using. And no, they didn’t it do it because “it is the single Windows that can be hacked by him”, they did it to prevent exploiters inside their game.

Yes, they’re exploiters/hackers/whatever you want to call it, but no, they didn’t use anything illegal in Roblox terms to make the voice-chat game. They found a way to use HTTPService and a clever use of changing pitch and volume of I’m guessing a very short audio asset to reproduce sounds. This is not a hack but just a smart way to use sounds in Roblox. I’m not justifying their actions as they’re not allowed, I am just clarifying that they didn’t use exploits/hacks to achieve what they did.

Now, once again, the OP is asking how they managed to detect what version of roblox a certain user is using. Please, for the love of god, if you don’t know how it’s done don’t talk about it. EDIT: This statement backfired.

OP, what you are asking is allowed and it’s possible somehow, I hope someone finds the way and answers your question soon. Please don’t listen to anybody saying this is not permitted unless otherwise said by Roblox Staff.

2 Likes

Almost all of this info is wrong. They did use HTTPService, but they actually uploaded all the sounds to roblox, with the rbxencryptedassetid:// behind them, which somehow bypassed moderation. It used a off-site link to record voices, and then uploaded that into the rbxencryptedassetid://, and then played it with some weird stuff. But, one thing you said is true. It was not a glitch in the windows 10 version to be able to do this, because you CANT even upload sounds in the Windows 10 version.

May I know the source of this?

“to detect if you were using the Windows 10 Version to prevent exploiting.”

This is simply untrue. The Windows store client if anything has less security measured aimed at stopping cheats. I’d consider it pointless as I’m sure an exploiter could find a way to spoof information on what client they are using. You’re only going to end up hurting yourself in the end by not allowing certain official clients to be used.

Of course it’s not an efficient solution to prevent exploiters, and you’d get less players in the long run.

The creators knew the game wasn’t going to last long and knew there aren’t many exploits for the Microsoft Store version of Roblox, so for their case it actually was a good idea.

They found a way to use HTTPService and a clever use of changing pitch and volume of I’m guessing a very short audio asset to reproduce sounds.

This isn’t true. They were abusing a bug in order to upload sound data in a way that bypassed the moderation queue. The actual assets themselves were not uploaded as sounds.

He’s right, take back my info.

30 chars

I’ve personally talked to the person who made the game and I know for a fact he’s (Diegnified) wrong.