How to clone user to another user's avatar

I’m trying to make a script that clones that allows the player to turn themselves into a clone of any player on the Roblox platform.

The problem is that I have no idea where to start. I was able to creating clones of other players in the server, but I can’t figure out how to clone players not in the server.

I have searched for solutions on the DevForums and the Developer Hub, but it seems nobody else has had this problem before. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Try using game.Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(UserId). Delete the existing HumanoidDescription on the player you want to clones avatar. Humanoid.HumanoidDescription:Destroy() You can then apply the HumanoidDescription to a humanoid using Humanoid:ApplyDescription(HumanoidDescription). All together:

local PlayerToCloneUserId = nil -- replace nil with the userId
local Description = game.Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(PlayerToCloneUserId)

local PlayerCloningCharacter = nil -- replace with the cloning player's character

PlayerCloningCharacter.Humanoid:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("HumanoidDescription"):Destroy()
PlayerCloningCharacter.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(Description)
1 Like