How to come up with a game idea?

I know the basics of programming, I can make an average script. But I have no idea what kind of game I could make. I want to do something simple, trying to make my past games, I stopped development because I couldn’t do something complicated, you could watch on YouTube how to do what you can’t, but it seems to me that if you make a game according to tutorials, you won’t be able to improve these yourself later scripts and they will break down with subsequent updates, and if they are changed there will be a lot of problems that you will not be able to figure out. Also, it will be difficult for you to do anti-cheats in a script that you don’t understand. In general, I want to find a simple idea for a simple game that will also be interesting. I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance! :happy3:

4 Likes

Create a simple game that trolls the player example:

• The game sometimes causes the player to fall while walking
  • The game kicks the player if he tells him that his game sucks
    BASICLY FULL OF TROLL ! :joy:
    I hope that was helpful ! :yum:
2 Likes

By playing enough you’ll start thinking stuff like:

• IF they had the feature in that game!
  • When is this bug gonna be fixed!?
  • They need to add this aspect!
  • I feel like something is missing…
  • Combining that game with this could be fun!

Then you do it!
Done

1 Like

You can do basics mini games with a lobby and a random game chooser with wins leaderboard, that may be a cool game.

I hope i helped you!

2 Likes

It’s a good idea but don’t you think that this idea has already been taken up by many developers, it may lack originality, after all it’s only my opinion! :wink:

This is a good idea, but the person above came up with the idea, I think your idea is also cool, it’s worth trying to combine your idea. and higher

1 Like

I will try to connect your idea and the idea of this person. Then there will be originality :grinning:

1 Like

But what name can I come up with for this game so that the word “Mini-games” and “trolling” are in the name?

1 Like

I have an IDEA ! :exploding_head:
Mini Trolling Game (M.T.G) :grin:

1 Like

Thanks to this, players will engage in your game and they will remember the acronym ! :yum:

2 Likes

AND YOU WILL GET RICH ! :money_mouth_face:
AND YOU WILL BE KNOWN ! :sunglasses:
I hope that was helpful ! :wink:

1 Like

I have struggled with this but I think i may be able to help

So in a game you basically do the same task many times which is the so called game loop, just with that you can start coming up with some game ideas that can be repeated over and over

For example a game where you mow lawns around town and for each lawn you mow you get a bit of money which you can use to buy an even better lawn mower, which helps you cut grass even faster and therefore make more money, thats the barebones of the game idea with nothing else added to it, if that didnt make much sense think of some nintendo titles like Sonic, its just a hedeghog that can run really fast

Also start making a prototype before you try to make a game, have people criticize the idea and then you iterate over it making it better and better overtime

I think this video will help you alot Fail Faster - A Mantra for Creative Thinkers - Extra Credits - YouTube

2 Likes

yeah you’re right, it’s very common and may not be original at all

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a genius idea! and original, i’m sure the game will have some players and even become famous, who knows

2 Likes

Hello I was wondering if the game is progressing ? :grin:
Have a nice day ! :yum:

In fact, I stopped. This game didn’t seem interesting to me. But I started developing a game about SCP, with my own concept, and so far everything is going great!

1 Like

Great ! :smile:
Keep up the good work ! :wink:
Have a nice day ! :yum:

1 Like

Thanks for the support! I am sure that this game will not be finished soon since i going to the village, but it will definitely come out, because I myself am very interested in doing it. And now I’m doing a script that character change to SCP.

1 Like