How to COMPLETELY turn off Automatic Translation?

I have been trying to turn off Auto Translation and I CAN’T. I enabled auto translation for Chinese (Traditional) around a month ago, now I would like to have it disabled.

However, it still translates in game. I have tried uploading an empty LocalizationTable csv file to remove ALL translations but it STILL auto translate.

I have removed ALL languages except English as the source language in the Configure Localization tab. As well as disabling ALL localization settings in studio.

Here are some pics of only partial part of the strings are being translated in my game, which looks absolutely terrible.

What can I do to completely disable auto translation? My game’s ID is 3297964905 just in case if any Roblox employee would like to have a heads up on it.

4 Likes

Have you tried removing the translation string? I noticed sometimes turning off automatic translation doesn’t really fully turn it off but still runs.
Also try going back and make sure you turn everything off such as automatic translation and translation content.

If that doesn’t work then let me know because I’m having these issues too. Probably a Translator who has much experience could work this out.

Yes, everything is off

I doubt whether the “Use Translated Content” setting works. I have a proper manually translated .csv, even when I have the setting off, the game still translates, meaning this setting has 0 effect.

2 Likes

Try removing every single translation in the game strings till it is completely blank. Like the image below. If it doesn’t work then try contacting Roblox.

I have tried uploading an empty .csv file and it clears all translations. But once there is a translation, the automatic one applies, it can not be searched.

I also visited the creator hub and it shows that automatic translation is off.

Do I just fill in the support form or there is a specific channel to contact Roblox? I hope a Staff sees this thread.

1 Like

You should fill in a support forum. I don’t know why it is causing the problem since it still translate even though it is off.

After contacting support with 16 emails in total, the issues have finally been resolved for me.The support told me they have forwarded my issue to their engineers in a week ago, after I explained the problem through serval emails and even recorded a video clip depicting the bug and finally, it has been fixed.

There are no longer any automatic translations in my game, the bug where translations are appearing differently for different accounts has also been resolved as well.

I assume this issue should be solved with all games as well!

5 Likes

i dont even know why you would use automatic translation anyways, it’s just like google translate… basically useless lol

I was messaged to opt in Auto Translation by Roblox and I tried it out for my own local language. The problem was I can not opt out after I opt in.

2 Likes

I think is back to the same issue, I turned it off, I joined new servers and it still displays auto-translated text.

1 week after it was enabled on my game by itself, the game went striking down. Literally, and is not because no updates, in a survival game you can do a lot.

As you can see it was growing up until April 18 (Monday). I know Roblox is truly random, but Jeesh.

The translator also has many bugs on its own. Apple Big Tree in spanish is Árbol de Manzana Grande, but it got translated to: Bi de manzanagÁrbol

1 Like