How To Convert A RBXM File Into A Table?

1. What do I want to achieve? I am trying to turn RBXM files into a table that can be sent over HTTP.

2. What is the issue? I have no idea how to convert RBXM files into a table.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I have looked for so long but most solutions are Github which I have no idea how to use. I have microsoft visual studio and do know how to use C# but thats it.

Please help!

Can you elaborate? You want to turn .rbxm into a table, which I don’t understand why, and want to send it over HTTP.
Can’t you just upload the file onto a site and download from the other side?

He’s probably, wants to get the info of the rbxm from roblox, so he can insert models from roblox in roblox, without insert service.

Hm, another way of doing this would be using MessagingService and sending info about each descendant in the model. But InsertService is better for the purpose. He said he wants to send a model over HTTP, which isn’t that easy.

Even though its not easy, I am definitely up for that kind of stuff.

1 Like

Correct, insertservice has alot of limitations compared to when it was first released. Thats why im trying to make an alternative that is completely open source.

There is a high chance im probably im my own and have to script it myself, but I can definitely do it as I know C# which is a base requirement as Roblox is part coded C#.

Why would you even want to attempt this? First of all, “.RBXM” is a compressed binary format of a model. You would be way better off converting “.RBXMX” files, which are XML files of models.

1 Like

MessagingService is to send info to all servers? He wants to load any asset by id.

how do you download .RBXMX files tho by id using the site

You need to convert them in studio to RBXMX.

Not all files are XML. I have already hand made a decompiler for that but decompiling RBXM is a whole new level.

Thats an issue as this has to happen in REAL time in GAME.

I can’t solve your problem, but I do know MaximumADHD / CloneTrooper1019 made a program that can understand the rbxm file format.
This may help you find your answer.

There is no built-in way to convert a RBXM file (a Roblox model file) into a table in Roblox Lua. RBXM files are binary files that contain information about the objects, properties, and relationships in a Roblox model, and there is no straightforward way to convert this information into a Lua table.

Thanks! I’ll try this library in VS.

Come and play!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.