How To Create A Custom Loading Screen!

Isn’t this also an article on the Roblox Dev Wiki?

2 Likes

Yes. However many beginners may find dev wiki and other sources confusing and I want to make sure they have a second source that is, hopefully, simpler than official articles or tutorials.

3 Likes

Theres an extra dot that should be removed

Other than that, i like this

3 Likes

Ah, thank you. I didn’t catch that.

2 Likes

Looks like it is just a glitch. It doesn’t show up in editing. Thank though!

1 Like

Glad to see how far you’ve come man nice job!

4 Likes

Can you please explain tween service. Sorry if I am asking this since i am just a beginner I do nor know what tween service is and how do we use it. Sry if my question is a very dumb one.

thank you

3 Likes

Haha! Yes, tween service can seem very complex. I think it would be hard for me to tell you exactly what it is. Here is an AlvinBlox video I used to understand what it was. Also, here is the Roblox Developer Hub site for TweenService. Hope this helps, as it helped me too.
I would watch the video and use the website as reference along the way, personally.

4 Likes

Thank you very much !!! This will really help me.

2 Likes

Thank you for this valuable information I’ll be sure to implement this

3 Likes

how do you make it so that the loading screen actually shows the real percentage of the game that is loaded?

1 Like

use content provider and a i v in pairs

3 Likes

?

β€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
β€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž
β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž

1 Like

content provider?β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž

1 Like

yes , ContentProvider | Roblox Creator Documentation

1 Like

Thanks for the loading screen tutorial! But I have a question, why do we have to put the local script and guis in ReplicatedFirst. Why not game.StarterGui ?( I won’t have to reference the playergui)

1 Like

And it’s also because Local Scripts only run if they’re a descendant of StarterPlayer, StarterGui and ReplicatedFirst.

1 Like

It’s because the code in ReplicatedFirst runs before any other code.

1 Like

ok, i get it. But how to use it to get the percentage of assets loaded?

1 Like

i would use the for i, v in pairs and #totalAssets . something like this

i/totalAssets

and somehow cut the front and back , leave only the middle . (i think it need string.sub)

to see the whole percentage , use this

print(i/totalAssets)

1 Like