How to create a fanbase/gain hype for a game(s release)?

I’m not sure this belongs here but on the other hand I think it does. Any who, I’ve been on social media a lot, (Twitter, TikTok, etc.) and I’ve seen people being like, hey I’m making a game, check out my profile to see what’s up! And they have a huge fanbase that appears out of nowhere. I’ve tried to find topics on devfourm but the best I could find was this:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/creating-a-hype-for-your-game-release/8895

and it wasn’t a whole lot helpful.

TikTok

I’ve been thinking I could create a TikTok account since thats where most kids are. And my game is basically targeting the younger audience of roblox, but I’ve asked some people what they think and they said I’ll probably get a lot of hate for it from the roblox devs, which I don’t really understand lol, so if anyone wants so clarify on that lol. I just don’t know how I would even start trying to create a account that hypes up a games release, or jus the game in general. I’ve seen people on TikTok (gonna be talking about this a lot cause thats a younger audience) get a bunch of views from people who actually like the creator and what they’re doing. Anyways, tat’s TikTok and I can’t do voiceovers well, but let me know what you think about that though.

Twitter

Now I’m not your daily twitter user and I Don’t check twitter often. But I know that people use #robloxdev and stuff and people love to check out their work, mostly from what I’ve seen people put showcases and stuff, not really pre-game clips. But I mean I could make a twitter account for my game, but I’d have no idea where to start and how to even grow that.

Reddit

r/robloxdev does that even exist lol. Anyways I know Reddit’s very popular, and I browse it without an account sometimes, but not on the roblox subreddits. I usually stalk the r/idontworkherelady or r/entitled[somethinghere] stuff. So I recently decided to check the r/roblox subreddit out and it did seem pretty popular, but I don’t know how people got popularity from posing there, did they jut post it and it blew up? Did they have a fanbase before? I mean I could try posting a few things there and see how that works out but I have no idea. Any reddit users?

Conclusions

So, I’m just really curious on how I could grow my fanbase outside of the roblox platform, if you have any tips or any words of advice, please leave them in the comments below, and if you know any other platforms, share them below as well! and thanks for reading!!

If you’ve got a following on Roblox already (your profile followers, visits on your games/games you’ve worked on, friend requests) try linking your socials on your account so you gain something from there too.

Also, there’s the unofficial Roblox discord server where it lets you showcase your creations and that’s a good way to do it.

If you’ve got any good friends that amassed a following, try asking for a shoutout from them.

The use of social media can help too, I like your twitter idea and if you do post daily or frequent updates of your games with tagging #RobloxDev and so on, I think from then people will show interest in your game depicting by what you show them!

1 Like

Hey,

The ideas you gave are for sure solutions to your problem! Ideas that come up to my mind are a personal discord server for example just for fans of yours (Like your games or so). Another cool thing would be a YouTube Channel where you post videos about roblox. All that subscribe you will definately also join your social media accounts (TikTok, Twitter, Discord etc).
Finally, I’d like to say it’s all for free and it’s definitively worth a shot! You should really try it and if it doesn’t succeed you can try a different one until you get your thousands of followers. You should note though that it will take time and work to grow your own Fanbase! Everything takes time so don’t give up after 2 weeks instead go and do this over several months (you’ll notice the growth in fans then).

I hope this helped you in a way! :slight_smile:

• Cheerful
1 Like