How to create a large circle of terrain?

Hello DevForum! I need some help with generating a large area of terrain in a perfect circle, right now I seem to only be able to generate it in a rectangle.

Is there a way that I can do this? I want it to look something like this in that it’s a perfect cirlce of terrain.

• I’m not talking about the cylinder in terrain tools, The max size it goes to is 64, and I need it to be WAY bigger. Like how when you can generate terrain it can be up to 12k by 12k. That, but in a circle.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

(I didn’t know what category this would go under so I did building support, if this is wrong please tell me :slight_smile: )

there are part to terrain plugins

just get a cylinder and turn that into terrain

3 Likes

The max size it goes to is 64, and I need it to be WAY bigger. Like how when you can generate terrain it can be up to 12k by 12k. That, but in a circle.

You can do it with scripts, paste this into the command bar:

local radius = 500 -- radius of cylinder
local height = 5 -- height/thickness of cylinder
local cframe = CFrame.new(0,0,0) -- position
workspace.Terrain:FillCylinder(cframe, height, radius, Enum.Material.Slate)

There’s a few ways to go about this! Two of the easier ways could be to create a custom heightmap or create a large circle with parts and then convert it to terrain. A heightmap, of course, would be much faster and simpler. If you’re not sure how to go about that, to get what you’re trying to accomplish you could even try in Microsoft paint. Simply open the application, select a darker grey backdrop, and draw out your circle in the center with a slightly brighter tint in color. Save the image and upload it via the heightmaps importer.