How to create a map?

Not to brag, but I’m pretty good at programming in Roblox- and I like the work I put out there :cool:
I wish I could say the same about building… but I’m terrible at it. And what I’m trying to achieve is most likely going to put me into a coma, because I am trying to build a humungous, open-world wizardry map with absolutely no skill. Zero.
Like, how exactly am I supposed to create this

When my best model looks like…
This?

I’m very stuck, as you can see.

Could somebody give me guidance on what the steps to creating a map is?
I would be very grateful, because I have no idea what I’m doing :sad:

1 Like

For me I would use terrain for the land and mountains, if you no skill with terrian, just play around with it, and try something like a hills, and caves. Then to mountains, little islands, what iam trying to say is just practice with terrain. After you finish the terrain maybe try to build a house, no interior. You can get help from Youtube. Just keep praticing, then when you get the hang of it go onto the next step.

2 Likes

It’s going to be the same as learning scripting. Practice. Find out what works and what doesn’t. It’s how everyone learns to build.

The chair’s a good start. It’s got good scale and the parts look proportional to each other as well.
Not to be too critical, but other’s will probably gonna recognize that I’m going to mention the wood grain on your chair. Wood grain stripes go along the length of a piece of wood IRL, not sideways on it.

1 Like