How to create a roblox GFX

So im a casual at Roblox GFX. Not too major. This is what I wonder how to make/create.
Blue- How do you do that effect?
Green- How do you texture that?
And how do you make the backgrounds
Here’s the image I did all the highlights on

Credits to @Vexeo for making this GFX

11 Likes

The backgrounds / environment are either imported 3D files into the desired rendering or the artist creates the background himself. It is most likely the former.

Blue is Photoshop or paint.net effects. They are not too difficult to replicate if you install plugins.
They are also through use of lighting / lamps in 3D software.

If you wish to master the art of GFX, I suggest you read up and watch tutorials on how to make effects and use 3D software, depending on what you use.

For 3D software, you can use, ideally, either Blender (free) or Cinema 4D (paid).

For posteffects you can use Photoshop (paid) or paint.net (free).

You can get paint. net here: https://www.getpaint.net/

3 Likes

He drawed all of that stuff, probably with photoshop.

1 Like

Do you know any other app to create GFX and GUI designs?

1 Like

Paint.Net is good for making image guis. Just publish them as decals once you’re done

1 Like

What is “paint.net”? I live in Ecuador, I search for websites and it comes out as a result that it is a painting company for dog collars, Lol¡.
Can you give me the website, please?

1 Like

If you aren’t sure if you want to download it tell me if you want me to message you a gui icon made by paint.net

1 Like

Haces didn’t make this, it was @Vexeo that made it.

1 Like

I’m like so late lol but he didn’t draw it. It’s just filter gallery effects in photoshop.

nah g the only thing that’s rendered is the character. the slime fx, the background, the eyes, all that is drawn via a mouse.

3 Likes

hey thanks for crediting me!

blue: for the eyes, use any brush (i used a default round brush) and smudge tool to make it look smoky. because this was done all in one layer, i had to do each aspect of the eyes sequentially, so i start with drawing a rough outline of some pink smoke, then i smudged it to make it look smoky. then i drew the white part which defines the eye and origin of the smoke.

for the slime, i used liquify tool to make the legs melt. after that, i duplicated the layer multiple times and for each layer a used a different effect. i used a filter gallery effects including chroma and glowing edges, then i played around with the adjustment style of each layer (i set some to overlay, soft light, linear dodge, etc).

green: i drew it using a mouse and default brush. i used a round brush w/ no softening to define the shapes, then i shaded it accordingly. actually i remeber i used some other brush other than the default for texturing, but any “dirty” or “messy” brush will do. so after you’ve defined the shape and done basic shading, you would use some dirt brush on top what you’ve drawn. (you can use a regular brush if you want, it’ll just be a bit harder"

the background is all drawn using the same steps as the floor, except that i only used a round default brush. the fire is done using the same steps as i mentioned for the eyes.

it’s a little hard to explain everything on text; a video tutorial would be much more helpful. also, the lighting/shading is not that good here so it’s not exactly a good reference to follow xD

1 Like

My guide may help you.