How to create Low Poly in Roblox Studio

Hello fellow developers! I am looking some help on how to create Low Poly in Roblox studio, because I don’t want to create in Blender and I don’t know how to use it. I am looking for some tips, Plugins and overall a guide, how to make low poly.

2 Likes

The term low poly refers to how many polygons a mesh has, typically for performance reasons (higher poly counts take more time to load). So because you can’t set faces and vertices in Roblox, there isn’t “low poly” in terms of development.

If you’re referring to that cartoony colour saturated style, it’s usually achieved with Smooth Plastic material, no decals or textures (or at least really simple ones), and Lighting settings that make the colours pop.

6 Likes

As a low-poly builder myself, i have a few suggestions/recommendations for you.

• Use Smooth Plastic to get the nice cartoonist feel.
  • Make your shapes turn slightly. Example: The houses in Adopt Me!.
  • Get into 3D modeling with Blender as it is truly the best way to get a good low-poly feel in your game.
  • Basically go for a more cartoon feel.
  • Use some other materials but try to mainly stick to smooth plastic. Not plastic because it has a bumpy texture.

Hope this helps you!

3 Likes

Thank you for the information!

Thank you for the help, it really helps me!

1 Like

No problem. Low-Poly is one of the best styles out there. I’m glad you want to join our community. Also, if my post answers your question mark it as solution so people will know this problem is solved.

1 Like

Thanks for telling me! I just got accepted into the DevForum today, so I did not know about that.

1 Like

Yeah, a lot of people don’t then they get 20 comments after the post is solved that are pointless, then they get flagged by moderators, because the discussion is a loop hole and isn’t really even your fault. Just people debating over what is best.

1 Like

Something I’d like to correct others before they get the wrong idea, low poly is not a style. The style you are thinking of is cartoony, low poly can both be realistic and non-realistic.

Games like mario, sonic, breath of the wild, fortni- (not gonna say it), metal gear solid? and other games utilize low poly everywhere, you just dont see it most of the time since it can be hidden, the purpose of low poly is to take the stress of the processing in games.

Sometimes though, the style you refer to has most often, less stress due to no use of materials and simplicity however, using it wrong can lead to high-poly.

If you create a building with 5000k parts and use smooth plastic materials, thats not low poly.

4 Likes

And also if you want to get some decent low poly terrain, i would recommend the Build v4 plugin

2 Likes