How to cut meshes for better hitboxes?

I have made a low poly landscape in blender and I put it into Roblox studio and I found out that the hitboxes on it are super messed up. I have searched this topic before and people gave the advice to chop up the mesh into smaller bits so that Roblox can render it better, but I don’t know how to do that.

All I really want is a correct hitbox for my low poly landscape because I really like how it turned out. So if you know the fix, make sure to reply to this topic!

I’m not a modeler so I can’t really help but have you tried changing the CollisionFedelity?

1 Like

I have tried that and it made it a lot better for sure, but I want it to be the best it can be. Do you know anyone that is a modeler by chance?

I found this script on a blender forum. It splits a mesh into tiles

import bpy, bmesh
from bpy import context as C

bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode='EDIT')

bm = bmesh.from_edit_mesh(C.object.data)

edges = []

for i in range(-10, 10, 2):
        ret = bmesh.ops.bisect_plane(bm, geom=bm.verts[:]+bm.edges[:]+bm.faces[:], plane_co=(i,0,0), plane_no=(-1,0,0))
        bmesh.ops.split_edges(bm, edges=[e for e in ret['geom_cut'] if isinstance(e, bmesh.types.BMEdge)])

for i in range(-10, 10, 2):
        ret = bmesh.ops.bisect_plane(bm, geom=bm.verts[:]+bm.edges[:]+bm.faces[:], plane_co=(0,i,0), plane_no=(0,1,0))
        bmesh.ops.split_edges(bm, edges=[e for e in ret['geom_cut'] if isinstance(e, bmesh.types.BMEdge)])

bmesh.update_edit_mesh(C.object.data)

bpy.ops.mesh.separate(type='LOOSE')
bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode='OBJECT')

The first “for i in range…” loop is for the X (right-left) axis. You can edit the numbers in the brackets to change the size and number of the tiles.

The second loop does the same, but for the other horizontal axis.

Go to the scripting tab in blender and paste this.

I hope this helps. (NOTE: This is not my script so I can’t really help you with issues, but it worked perfectly for me)