How to detect and ban alt accounts?

Hello, I tried make alt detection and ban system but, There are no ways to detect alt and ban.
I will appreciate you if you help me.

6 Likes

You donā€™t detect alt accounts, or at least, not accurately.

1 Like

Iā€™d suggest to make a script that kicks accounts that are younger than 1 year old, or to any date of your preference.

2 Likes

Iā€™m talking about how to automatically ban alt accounts when they banned already.

You should make a script as an account age limit script and trello ban, so it can automatically kicked for this:-

Account age limit scriptā€¦

• Not enough account age while a person was signing up as 1 days ago, possible to kick between 1-30 days old.

• Avoiding ban evasion (half possible), if itā€™s limited account age as max 30+ days old while moderator checked ban list, moderator can handle to ban an evade users.

Trello Banā€¦

• Possibility to ban an evade users, but it gonna waste these trello card. (Including a lot of alts.)

• Once if youā€™re created a card in board list as (ā€œUser:UserIdā€), user got automatically kicked for trello ban. (Description you must give a reason if itā€™s happened.)

Alt detection doesnā€™t matter what user is in, but group moderator were checking itā€¦

In addition on July of 3, 2024 (UTC+8), Roblox already introduced with Ban API and Alt account detection, refer on this forum on this link below:
Introducing the Ban API and Alt Account Detection - Updates / Announcements - Developer Forum | Roblox

5 Likes

I remember seeing on a certain forum that hackerā€™s alts were getting banned and nobody knew why. This was until a certain property of this was discovered: it was banning players if they had less than ~2 friends. Thus, with this system (provided it is indeed possible and you donā€™t want to create an age limit), you can ban many alts regardless of age.

No alt-prevention technique will work perfectly; however, there are many solutions that work to varying degrees of effectiveness depending on the game. Age limits work better on cafe games because they arenā€™t meant to attract newer players. A friend-based ban might work better for a medium-sized game where traditional anti-cheats arenā€™t really within the development scope of a game. The best way to prevent alts, really, is an anti-cheat. This requires extensive knowledge of how exploits work and how to detect them, which certainly is not easy (provided the people using alts are doing so for exploiting, not trolling or something similar).

I trust that you can make the decision on how to prevent them, but itā€™s up to you on how to implement it.

7 Likes

Basically.

Thereā€™s no way to detect and ban alts.

The only way to stop people from playing on alts, is to check if the account age is more than a month (Change if you wanna stay safe)

But itā€™s barely possible (Mostly impossible to detect it.)

Hope you understood something new!

6 Likes

You really canā€™t.

You should instead focus how you prevent the bad behavior in the first place.

First tackle all the exploits
Check for backdoors.
Secure your remotes.
Patch Roblox exploits.
Secure your physics.

Trolls can be prevented with good game mechanics.

5 Likes

I dont think there is a secure way to detect alts, and maybe thats not a good approaching, probably it would be better making an algorithm to detect cheaters.

1 Like

let me say this:

if you donā€™t have a way to detect something like the owners ip or something similar, there is no 100% way of doing so. yes, there are methods like age restriction or minimum amount of friends, but these can be easily bypassed (simply older accounts or befriend alt accounts with each other)

and since im 99% positive that roblox doesnt let you get the players ip, there is no way to do that.

instead you could work on something that punishes players for behavior (chat spam, exploits etc.)

1 Like

to detect alt you would have to get IP Address and ban any accounts on there (which is possible through an api that gives IP), but it is not reliable as they can use VPNs and other people may use the same computer.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You cannot detect of whether a new account is a legitimate new Robloxian or if its an alt.

Like what @BehYT3Manager said, You can make it so people who have too low of an account age canā€™t join your experience until the account is like, a month old or something.

Experiences like Ragdoll System Test make it so players canā€™t join their game until their account age is 30 days or older.

1 Like

Well thereā€™s no way to be honest the way I do it I just would add a age limit and if they wait 30 days and have 0 badges and this is the only group then I would ban them.

Its existing now a new Ban API with includes the ban of alt accounts!