How to determine when the player has exited the loading screen

My goal is for a script to detect when the player is out of the roblox loading screen in a game. It’s important that it does not do anything before the loading screen has gone away. When I looked this up, I saw a lot about waiting for things related to the player’s character like it’s appearance or just the character in general. When I used CharacterAdded on the player, it seemed like this event happens at least a few seconds before the loading screen even ends. The main roblox games I know of that do what I’m trying to achieve are Camping and Isle. These games can wait to start the game until everyone’s out of the loading screen; how can I do that?

3 Likes

There are a couple ways you could do this:

• Remove the Default loading screen & replace it as your own, then detect when everything is loaded or not

• Use the game.Loaded:Wait() Event or game:IsLoaded Function which will check if every Instance is loaded to the local client

9 Likes

So when this event is fired the player is out of the loading screen at this point?

I don’t think it’d be 100% exact though, maybe you could refer to this post:

I will try the second option you gave me and then the other one if it doesn’t work. That post looks like exactly what I needed. Thanks for helping!

1 Like

These methods are out of date and don’t exactly work, I’d use ContentProvider

How would you use ContentProvider when attempting to detect the loading screen has disappeared or not though? I don’t believe the API gives much info about that

Oh though the dude wanted to detect if game was done loading all assets.
The only way to detect when the game is done loading is just by calling the player on a SS or what I said which is checking all assets are loaded, other than that it’s out of your control.