How to disable mobile buttons e.g jump and joystick

Hey ive been working on a silly game to waste time but not i kinda got devoted to it. i made it for mobile and pc but the thing for mobile is that the joystick and jump button is a huge eye soar
is there a way i can disable it or make them invisible i dont know if its possible but i heard about it with the top bar thing

4 Likes

check out this thread: Disable mobile controls?

2 Likes

thank you but im having trouble figuring out how to set it up

i’m pretty sure all you have to do is make a local script in startergui and put in

local UserInputService = game:GetService("UserInputService")
UserInputService.ModalEnabled = false
9 Likes

oh then im just being a clown putting it in startperplayerscripts

1 Like

sorry but i updated my game and tested it on mobile and doesnt seem to be working

1 Like

try setting the boolean to true…?

1 Like

boolean?
im to tired lol but what is boolean?

it’s basically true/false (this part right here image )

1 Like

likr that correct?

1 Like

yes, hopefully that should do it

1 Like

no it still unfortunately doesnt work

i looked around the devforum and found this piece of code. this one should probably do the job.

local PlayerModule = require(game.Players.LocalPlayer.PlayerScripts:WaitForChild("PlayerModule"))
local Controls = PlayerModule:GetControls()
Controls:Disable()

just replace the code in the localscript you made with this.

8 Likes

yes it worked now all i need to try and do is disable the jump button

1 Like

shouldn’t be too hard to do, just make the jumppower to 0 and you should be good to go

1 Like

and the little circle button gui goes away?

actually, don’t do that. go to starterplayer and disable this in the properties image

1 Like

but is there also an option to disable the button completely?
like make it not visible for mobile again?

figured out how to. add this code to the localscript.

repeat wait() until player.PlayerGui:FindFirstChild("TouchGui") and player.PlayerGui.TouchGui.TouchControlFrame:FindFirstChild("JumpButton")
player.PlayerGui.TouchGui.TouchControlFrame:FindFirstChild("JumpButton").ImageTransparency = 1

what i did was just wait for the gui for mobile to show up and then make the jump button in it transparent.

5 Likes

wait so id tap the jump button and it would disappear? or is it completely invisible?