How to disable Roblox Guis for screenshot?

Hi all,
I’m trying to take a screenshot of my game for a thumbnail, but obviously the roblox guis are still there and if i crop them off then the picture isn’t the right size for the thumbnail. Does anyone know a way i can temporarily disable these and my cursor to allow a picture?
Thank you!

3 Likes

If you’re either… …you can toggle the Roblox GUI on and off by hitting Ctrl + Shift + G on your keyboard (Cmd + Shift + G for Macs). You can also use Ctrl + Shift + C (Cmd + Shift + C for Macs) to toggle the developer-created GUI on and off.

6 Likes

I’ve tried ctrl + shift + g but it doesnt work. I used a command in HD Admin to get rid of my guis, but it doesnt clear the roblox bar at the top and the mouse.

1 Like

https://blog.roblox.com/2016/12/toggle-guis-onoff-upgraded-studio-output-window/
This should help you :slight_smile:

Thank you, but thats the same idea @HASNPLAYZ had. It doesnt work on my computer, unless its only to remove player created guis? And does this work in the main roblox game from the roblox player?

Yeah, it doesn’t seem to work anymore.
Sorry about that.

But the Roblox Blog says this, so I don’t know you’re solution in normal gameplay. Although, you can disable it from the Roblox Studio and take screenshot from there by checking out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzsMAleSWsM

That only removes the icons, not the entire top bar? It just seems a little bit unprofessional to have a great big grey bar across the top of the image, as well as having it not fit properly. I’ve just though to scale the screenshot a little bigger and just put the top bar out of view. I don’t mind chopping off the sides slightly, they aren’t important! Thanks for all the help anyways!

Huh? But I say that the end of the video it worked. Please watch the video till the end.

I don’t believe so… Not quite sure if your looking image when not in ‘play’ mode, but at no point does it remove the entire bar

Try use Shift+P to enter cinematic mode, this disables all the Roblox Guis in-game.

2 Likes

There is a very easy way of doing this. Just click this button on the top of the screen. Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 20.09.24

2 Likes

Does that remove the roblox bar or only player created guis, thats what i thought anyway!

It removes everything on the screen in studio.

Well, if it’s the solution than great! But we want a full proper solution where you can disable it in any games.

Wow! Didn’t even know this was a feature! Seems very good, might just do the job, apart from the name and exit button left… I think ill use this and just enlarge the image slightly so they’re off the edges!

Yes, a solution in the actual roblox player would be very good! Shift + P seems almost perfect, but sadly doesnt remove your name and the exit icon

I think there’s not any proper solution for this because I browsed and tried to gather some information, but I found out that Roblox always changes this scripts. Last time this buttons was working probably in 2016 or 2017.

Yes, they could do with adding a keyboard shortcut that disables EVERYTHING on the screen. Would be very handy for developers like myself to get images for clean thumbnails! Anyway, thanks for all the help anyway, I’ve come up with an alright solution.

No problem, for now just use photo editor like PhotoShop etc.