How to disable the limit to undo stuff?

Hi!

I’m wondering if there is a way you can disable the limit to undo stuff as its really getting annoying for undoing roads and stuff.

It started happening today (10/1/2023) when I first opened studio.

If there is like anyway to disable the limit, please reply to this post. Thanks!

1 Like

Weirdly, the max amount of times I can redo in this case is 3 times, but its never been like that before.

What limit?, from what I’ve seen there is no limit. If you’re like tryna undo changes on a script you have to be on the script, and if you tryna undo something other than that you have to be viewing the game, and not viewing a script. You can only not undo something when there is nothing to undo.
(Idk if this makes sense)

I’m undoing in studio and I’m not currently testing.

(video gone bc it showed my personal information :skull:)
^^^ Video example

I think it has something to do with the beta features or something idk

I’m confused what the video is showing, when undid it, the part went back to where it was before? And that was the only thing you moved.

I was duplicating and moving the part (more than 3 times), but once I undo it 3 times, the undo button gets greyed out.

The undo button grayed out bc it already undid everything

I duplicated and moved the part way more than 3 times. There’s no way that it undid everything.

(I’m posting a video with a clear example of the issue later)

1 Like

As you can see based from the video example below, I duplicated and moved the streetlight ~4 times (8 changes) and once I press the undo button 3 times, the button gets greyed out.

1 Like

Also if you need extra information, here are my specs:

That’s very odd, I don’t know if it’s something about the beta features or if it’s just lag because you have a lot of scripts open on top. (I don’t think it’s the script thing because I have over 30 open and my undo doesn’t have a limit) for now I can only make wild guesses

1 Like

Closing all the scripts didn’t seem to work :expressionless:

I’ll try to reinstall studio or something and convert this post to a Development Discussion if there really is a limit.

Ok now I’m EXTREMELY confused.

When I try to undo on another game, THERES NO LIMIT.

Let’s NOT hope it means that there are features that are disabled when the game is too large. (~300K Parts)

Ok it turns out that the limit gets activated when you reach 1M instances. I’m quitting Roblox dev for good if they don’t fix this.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue, I only only press undo 3 times… and I don’t have 1M instances, I got 700K.

Pretty sure the undo limit scales with the amount of free memory that you have. All of this history isn’t free.

I reworded this post into a development discussion post. https://devforum.roblox.com/t/why-did-roblox-add-an-undo-limit-on-games-with-1m-instances/