How to disable tool equip anim

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I want to disable the tool equip animation when you hold the tool in your right hand

4 Likes
  • Click Play on a Studio Place

• Copy the Animate script located within the Character Model within the workspace (Possibly either in the Local side), then paste it into StarterCharacterScripts

• Click Stop to stop the simulation

• Open the script, find where it says toolnone

• Set the ID to nil

8 Likes

I was just thinking, is it possible to just change the grip? and play a animation?

The toolnone animation would pretty much just remove the Tool Grip if you set its ID to nil, and you can replace it with whatever animation you want to play when you equip a Tool

Or if you prefer a script method, you could get the animation from the Animate script and set its animation ID to an empty string

(Script in ServerScriptService)

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(character)
		character:WaitForChild("Animate").toolnone.ToolNoneAnim.AnimationId = ""
	end)
end)

If you’re doing this so your animation plays for equipping a tool, then you probably have the priority on Core when it should be on Idle

9 Likes

Hey there, I had the same problem myself. The way to solve your issue (disabling the default Tool holding animation) is the following -

1. Run your Roblox Studio (F5) with a Character in game
  2. Locate the LocalScript called ‘Animate’ under the Character, right-click copy the LocalScript
  3. Stop your Roblox Studio
  4. Locate StarterCharacterScripts and paste the ‘Animate’ LocalScript
  5. Open ‘Animate’ and remove ‘toolnone’ on (approximately) Line 69
  6. Scroll down to Line 643 and delete the lines relating to ‘toolnone’
    (If you don’t do step 6 you’ll receive an error in the output and your Character won’t animate).

Hopefully this helps.

4 Likes

find da toolnone anim and remove it ( or replace it with ur holdin anim )

How do I enable it back? Trying to put the default id back once the tool is deactivated doesn’t seem to work