How to do a smooth animation?

i’ve tried looking around and i cant find any thing i might just not be looking hard enough…

so i was browsing around a discord and i saw this post
https://gyazo.com/4662e1f8a0a0164bf54e7dada5fda71b
as u can see from the video the tail animation is really smooth i mean i dont even see a cut like with roblox hands its like its just 1 mesh with animation and i whould like to learn how to do that if it involves blender im alright with that too i had experience with blender.

thanks in advance

EDIT: sorry turns out i was jsut not looking hard enough the solusion is mesh deformation
here is a video example for those who id interested :smiley: Roblox Slender Dev - Footsteps, Slender & Mesh Deformation - YouTube

5 Likes

Make your animation have more (natural) frames

Just work smart and hard on it, take your time, then it will be good

look at real life references, if youre making a walking cycle look at a video of a real person walking and break it down into frames, so its much easier to deduce what pose the rig needs to be in each frame

if u are using moon animator then go to Edit>Animation Setting and u should see Frame switch it to 120 or more if u want

I believe that only changes the speed of the animation, not the quality

yes but with this u can actually put the keyframe a bit far so that it becomes slow also its frame per second