How to do commission?

Ok so theres the problem. I’m opening commissions cos nobody wants to hire me. So here’s the thing like I have so many question like how do you give the commissioner there model/map like through team create? And what do you use to get payed? Like group funds? Please I need answers

5 Likes

it depends on the person hiring you. if it’s robux, usually it’s between group funds. I don’t recommend doing team create unless you fully trust the person that hired you

2 Likes

Then how should I give it to them?

1 Like

team create or file i think
30char

1 Like

Wdym file like send it to them?

1 Like

yeah i think so.
30charactersssss

1 Like

I’ve found that saving the game/map as a .rbxl file and sending it to your client via discord works well.

5 Likes

There are multiple ways to send them the commission and get paid.

Assuming the commission is a 3D model (build with parts/meshes), you can export it as a .rbxl or .rbxm and then send it to the person who hired you. Alternatively, you could add them on Team Create.

To get paid, I suggest using PayPal or a real life money transferring service as Robux dont have value unless you collect 100k of them, and this is a really hard thing to do. If you are using Robux tho (even tho you are just giving ROBLOX more profits), you can get paid through group fund payouts or they can buy an asset you created.

3 Likes

Whenever I do a commission I always make the map in my own game where only I can edit in, And send them screenshots via discord or twitter

When I am getting paid I prefer to do them through group funds as its instant payment where as a t-shirt will take 2-3 days to transfer the robux

Whenever I send a map ( depending on size ) I either send it though a file or a roblox model.

3 Likes

Hey Psychopath,

Explicitly Label your Service

• Scripting
  • GFX
  • Building
  • 3D Modeling
  • Off-Site Work
  • Other

Create a Portfolio

• Deviant Art
  • Art station

Example: https://www.artstation.com/i5k

Clearly Label Prices / Determine the Worth of your work

• Commission Sheets

Important PSA

Determining the Value of your Work

• Always have a price in mind for ALL the work you want to put on sale. Do not ask the buyer how much they want to buy it for, ever. That leaves you vulnerable and unprofessional.

Consider:

• How much time you put into the project.

• The quality of the project.

• The game product worthiness of the product.

• The level of optimization.

• The portability of the project.

• The dimensions and scale of the project

• The difficulty of the project

• The details the buyer wants

Then decide a price that is fair for you and the buyer.

Vending

Have your sources of income open, they can be:

USD:

• PayPal (Do not do family and friends, you’re going to get charged back)
  • Venmo
  • ApplePay
  • Bitcoin (Maybe)

Robux:

• Percentage (Avoid)
  • Group Payment
  • Paying through a shirt

Have these easily accessible and ready for your buyer.

ROBUX to USD tool.

Sending the Product

Always send the product AFTER the buyer has paid you

This way, it stops you from possibly getting scammed, NEVER EVER, send first. You’re potentially wasting your time and getting cheated out of your money.

You can send your product through:

• Discord
  • Dropbox
  • Email

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Only do work with people who have clean records and are of reputable status, you’re going to find a lot of time wasted when the buyer scams you, wastes your time, or simply doesn’t pay. You have the choice of choosing who you do business with, don’t work with people who don’t deserve your time.

Conclusion

Hope this helped, consider everything and create a system for yourself and you’ll be fine. Just make sure to manage your time.

9 Likes

You get paid either from a percentage of the game’s earnings via group funds, USD or a one time payout.

1 Like

I’m unsure on what you mean, but here’s a few things on commissions:

• You should create a portfolio to make it easier to hire you.
  • To transfer a model/map, just send them the link of the model, add them to team create or make it an uncopylocked game (but make sure you don’t spread the word so everyone can steal it! :smile:)
  • You should always ask payment in group funds. If this is not possible, they can pay via tshirt but this will have a 30% tax. So that means, they’ll need to pay a bit more to get the desired amount.

Hope this helped! :smiley:

3 Likes