How to download a older place version

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I will for my obby the first anniversary make a event in the first published version something
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    But how to download a older place version to publiche a new game
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub? I have searching and ask the customer service bots but no result and I scared that I lost a year of work by reverting to an older version
1 Like

You can try to save your current game version to your device, so when you revert to an older version, you can still get the newest version back by uploading it from your device.

1 Like

And how is it with the data store

1 Like

Okay, I just tested reverting version history.

When you go onto your game settings in Studio and click on “Version History” under the tab “Places”, choosing to revert a certain version will open a completely new place with that version unpublished.

You can select whichever components of that version you need and just copy and paste it to your original game.

1 Like

Ok but as I made a back up to my pc can i then back up the data store

You don’t need to make a backup. If you attempt to revert the place version through Studio, it will open a new, not related to the main game place. You can just copy and paste whatever you need from the older version and paste it to your newer version of the game.

Do not publish the older version’s place.

@foodeggs7 Do you need a further explanation on my previous reply?

Otherwise, if my previous reply has helped you, please mark it as the Solution for this topic! This would help other players who has the same issue find answers faster!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.