How To Easily Make Tool Animations Functional

Most people use this, but I’m not sure how you’d make your own

tried it out, its pretty good
although is there a way to replicate the postition of the arms and stuff

as it looks just like they are holding out a normal tool on other people screens,
also the bullets fire from the original guns spot on the server, not where the gun is on first person

Didn’t think about that, not sure how you would make that though, there might be a tutorial on the devforum somewhere

Alright ill get back to you when i find a tutorial on this,

Also the linked tutorial, i think its for r15 not entirely sure though.

Alright so im probably going to use this

And then all i have to really look for is a way to replicate the movement to server

(edit)
Gonna just quickly make a thread asking for a replicated first person tutorial, not much going on with replication in there

1 Like

Sorta found a way, although im trying to get it fixed as its little as its a little choppy,

Great

1 Like

Personally I think it looks really good, good job!

Alright quick update on the turning, i got help and it now is alot smoother
Greatest
Now Just gotta start reworking animations for r15 and alot more things i gotta go over

• Some Sort of aiming down sights

• ViewModel or something for firstperson

• Not entirely sure about this one, but while i was reading somewhere i saw something about replicating bullets on all clients to get rid of the bullet follow delay

• Optimizing the guns code

2 Likes

Its a Community Resource not tutorial, a tutorial is a one, which explains on how to make, not on telling others to add a script and

Boom

I didn’t make the kit, I just made a tutorial on how to use it and modify it
This is not a resource…

The rule is you shouldn’t claim ownership of others kit, and if you explain about how to make one on own, it will be a tutorial, but here, your just telling to add and boom

Also this is not a private DM
You should consider using a DM next time, when you want to speak personally to one player

Yes I know, was too late when I remembered lol

Also thought this was the fe gun kit tutorial I made, woops, it’s just how to animate guns/tools, not add the kit or script anything

I never said I claimed ownership, the motor6d script was from the toolbox. It is simply a quick tutorial on how to make animations functional

Its a tutorial, meaning you should explain step by step

You should also explain how to make one animation with moon animator, you cannot just give link, and say animate using this, and add script, thats all

…i never said I would tell you how to animate?

It is only how to make animations functional and easy to make and use on your tools

What do you want me to do? Give the script creator credit or something? This tutorial is meant for beginners that want to animate first and then learn coding or whatever they want

nice

well what else do I name it then?

These are some possible names:

How to play animations of a tool, when equipped

How to play an animation, when tool is equipped

How to make an FPS Animation for gun, tools

Please move it too #resources:community-resources

Okay, I reworded some things and the title, sorry for the misunderstanding

I still think this is a tutorial, I credited the maker of the scripts and moon animator, since I didn’t make them

1 Like

Uh ok

If anyone sees this, could someone link some resources that would help me with viewmodels and stuff