How to effectively remove the RoSync Loader backdoor

In this tutorial I will show you how to remove the RoSync Loader backdoor virus.

This is because if the virus has spread to a great amount of your scripts, removing it would take a lot of time.

You should remove the malicious plugins before cleaning up your scripts

STEP ONE

In the “view” tab, press “Find all/Replace all”.
view find all

STEP TWO

In the “Find” box, search “RoSync” to get a list of all the scripts containing the virus.
find

STEP THREE

Click on one of the scripts to open them.
Open them

STEP FOUR

Click the line three times fast to select it, then press Backspace or Delete to remove the line. You should notice that the script will disappear from the “Find all/replace all” window.

Then it’s on to remove the next line.

This is a very effective way to remove the virus from your scripts. I also made a video on this.

I hope this helped you! Also, please criticize me as this is my first time posting.

3 Likes

This only removes it if it’s been inserted inside a malicious model. If it is inserted from a malicious plugin, it will just re-add itself.

1 Like

Malicious plugins should be removed before cleaning infected scripts

1 Like

This isn’t really a useful thing as my friend made a plugin to auto remove it.

It is useful though. Just because your friend has created a plugin to do it, doesn’t mean everyone magically has the plugin. Anyone reading your reply won’t even be able to find it without somewhat deep searching through your friends list because you didn’t link it.

Anyways, nice tutorial. RoSync sucks.

1 Like