How to equip a skin to roblox player

Hello!
I am making a clothing game and I want to do a Equip/Sell clothes that i will place in the game.
But I dont know how to equip the skin for the player because its not a shirt or pants.
At the moment i have the skins done like meshId and TextureId for the player meshes.
Is it the correct way to create skins for the game? Or i do need to create each part of the body as an accesory and publish it individually?

I see other items that are sold like a full body pyjama or something like this.
But im not sure how to publish it for selling or how to create the fullbody attachment to equip in the scene.

Here my example of what i want to try:

I want that the player can equip this entire body or buy it.
Thanks to all! :smiley:

You could just parent the “skin” model to player by changing Player.Character property.

which property? :thinking:
also how should i publish the skin? as one part or separated by arms, legs, chest etc…?

Are you trying to equip the clothing to the player in the game or on the website?

I want to do it in the game, i’ll need to script something to equip the skin to the player but i dont know how to equip it or if i need to publish the skin in a specific way

Would this possibly help?

All you have to do is keep the model in ServerStorage and then clone it to the character when needed. The only downside is that you have to reset the character.

2 Likes

Gonna try, I’ll tell you asap! :smiley:

1 Like