How to Equip Multiple Tools Simultaneously Without Using a Custom Backpack System

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to enable players to equip multiple tools at the same time without utilizing a custom backpack system.

2. What is the issue?
    Currently, when a player tries to equip a second tool, the first tool automatically unequips. I want players to be able to hold, for example, a sword and a shield simultaneously.

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I’ve gone through the Developer Hub and various forum topics related to managing tools and backpacks. I’ve also experimented with modifying the default scripts but didn’t have success.

If you’ve been able to achieve this in your own game, can you provide a breakdown of the steps you took? Thank you in advance for your help.

You can do this by welding the handle of that tool to the players arm. There isn’t really a way to equip them simultaneously but this method could work.

Hmm, I see. I’ve seen some games use this method but I was hoping for a way to achieve it without having the tool welded to the player’s arm. In multiple games I saw when changing the tool (using hotkey, for example) the previous tool is still equipped, so it’s possible somehow. Thank you for your suggestion though!

That’s usually a bug or just using a custom backpack. The easiest way is the way I said.

I see, thank you for clarifying. I’ll try to find another solution, otherwise I’ll go with the welding method. Thanks again for your help!

You can parent the tools from your backpack into your character. You can equip as many as you want.

Example:

player.Backpack.Sword.Parent = player.Character
player.Backpack.Gun.Parent = player.Character

Thank you for your help, it worked

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.