How to export a model as a single mesh?

Hello
I have a model in Roblox studio, which consists of mesh parts and unions.
I would like to export it from Studio and reimport it back in Studio as a single mesh (together with the correct textures)
What is the easiest way to do it?

Thanks in advance

Hi! The way I usually do it is export my selection to Blender, then export as .fbx into Studio (reapply the texture if the texture does not load). This generally does the trick for me, also you could consider perhaps making them a union, then apply the texture to see if that helps.

1 Like

When I export from Studio, I got 5 files:

Do I need to import into blender the first 2 or all 5?

Thanks

Just the obj should be enough, then from Blender do the following:

1. Click file → export selection → then export as obj
    a. The trick to note is that whenever you export from blender, and your size is less than 10,000 triangles then it will upload in one piece

2. Remember when it uploads in one piece, this means that when you apply a texture, it will only apply one texture

From what I notice, I hope you are not trying to apply all three of the textures onto the the model, in that case just group your parts into a model in RobloxStudio.

1 Like

The 5 icons above were generated by a single export of a Model from Studio.
When imported in Blender the obj file looks like this:

What is the exact meaning of the red circled icons?
And how to apply the decimate modifier on all of them (it seems it is applied only to 1 of them)

The red circle icons are called meshes. The best way to think about them as parts in Roblox Studio, the green triangle icon means Collection (I think!). When you apply a decimate modifier, you need to select the mesh then apply the modifier (so yes, each of them). Although I do have to recommend asking modeling type questions in #help-and-feedback:building-support than #help-and-feedback:scripting-support.

It seems that the red circles are not meshes, but some kind of textures.
I deleted them, the mesh did not change, but all colors disappeared.
however the Decimate modifier does not have any influence on my mesh.
Changing it from 1 down to almost 0 does not reduce the face count of my mesh even with 1
it stays at 13224

But probably I must look for help in the Blender forums, not here

Oh I see! Yes, I believe it is best to look at the Blender Forums as evident of my previous post, I am not too well versed about Blender.

1 Like