How to figure out game profits/revenue on group games?

My group released a new game this month to the public. It’s been picking up traction at a slow and steady pace as we fix bugs and add more features to it.

That being said, I am wondering, how do I calculate monthly revenue accurately for group games, and games in general, on ROBLOX? Prior, with the old Developer Stats page on a different game, I would just DevEx every month, give whatever % cut my development partner was owned through Venmo/Zelle/PayPal, and write it off my taxes, but that wasn’t super efficient and it did not allow my development partner to build up a DevEx history.

As such, I am moving to a system where I calculate the game’s revenues at the end of each month/the beginning of the next one, but I have a few questions.

1. First and foremost, does the Monetization section of the Developer Stats portal still not account for the 30% tax ROBLOX levies on all sales? Meaning, will I have to account for the 30% tax on any spreadsheets/payments I make?

2. How do I calculate Premium Payouts? The game was not available for the public to play until Easter (April 9), so when I look in the “Premium Playtime Robux Earned” section, the numbers are “estimates” based on what premium earnings were a month prior - when the game was locked to group members-only.

The game has been getting 1k+ visits a day recently, and we are getting a few Premium players, so I damn know well sure that we aren’t earning 0 robux from Premium Players. For reference, here is what the Premium Visit Percentage looks like:

3. Going off of #2, when will I be able to actually view the actual Premium Payouts for the month of April, instead of just being given estimates?

4. Does ROBLOX also levy a 30% tax on Premium Payout Earnings, and do I have to account for that myself when putting all Premium Payout Earnings info into a spreadsheet/when I payout funds at the end of the month, or does ROBLOX account for that in the Developer Stats section?

5. When is a good time to dole out funds? I am asking because I know ROBLOX holds onto funds for a certain period of time, before it is released into the group funds. I am worried that if I do the payouts on May 1, any earnings from the last few days of April probably won’t be in the group funds, but I also don’t want to wait where funds from May would be going into the group fund either.

1 Like
  1. For this one, everything is accounted for I believe.
  2. Wait it out until the end of April. The ‘projected’ earnings are actually how much you seem to get for some reason.
  3. When the current window ends; you often get the estimated amount. It’s probably logged in the group’s audit logs
  4. I don’t think so, no, and yes.
  5. Premium payouts pend for like 14 days or so; wait until a new window starts or something. Try April 30th; you won’t miss too much.
1 Like
  1. Really? I never thought ROBLOX actually would do that lol
  2. Yes, I am waiting until the end of April to dole out the funds, but I need answers now to my questions, so I have no issues come April 30, when I have to dole out funds for 2 games to 5 developers, including myself.
  3. There is nothing about Premium Payouts in the group Audit Log. They are in the Revenue section, if that is what you meant. That being said, it still does not give individualized Premium Payout amounts, and I have 2 games now under my group that I pay out every month.
  4. Again, I am waiting until April 30 (or May 1) before I dole out any funds, I would like to have answers to my questions sooner rather than later, especially since April 30 isn’t too far away.
    If ROBLOX holds onto Premium Payouts for 14 days, that means I would have to do the payouts in the middle of May vs. the end of April/early May.

BUMPing this thread, since we are coming to the end of April.