How to finish up a map. (final details)

Hello,
I’m currently building a simulator map for a zombie killing game. I have finished the map but what stuff can I do to make the game map look more ‘refined’.
E.G effects, rubble or whatever.
Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have screenshots of the game or a game link (for others)? Then we can more accurately provide feedback.

1 Like

Here is the link.

1 Like

Could you give screenshots? (Sorry, I can’t play Roblox at the moment. (๑•﹏•)⋆* ⁑⋆* )

1 Like

Of course,

3 Likes

Well, it looks very pretty to start off. I love the aesthetic. :sun_with_face:

I do feel like it already looks nice, however maybe consider adding a water feature? Like a stream or a creek of some sort. And right now it all looks… too aesthetic in my opinion. If you’re going for a zombie game you should add more run-down buildings, wasteland scraps, etc.

For the cherry blossom temple I’d recommend adding more cherry blossom petals. :cherry_blossom:
Overall though, very nice. Very pretty. Could you provide a overhead shot? Not necessary but it would be cool. (+`∀´)b

2 Likes

Despite the feel, the game is pretty nice in the main area, consider throwing a few more zombie props at the moment I only see a few headstones maybe a cave where the zombies come out from could possibly work so I would work on more different objects for the terrain.

It’s definitely a good progress so far. Since the game lacks a small amount of details it doesn’t really have that zombie feel maybe add some torches hanging from poles something to add more realism the first image I don’t know if that’s the full size of the map, but you could add more rock cracks, bones connected to the walls and possibly coming out of the ground.

If you are going to have empty areas, I highly recommend adding more features to it or creating falling trees or different objects to the area. It can be quite plain with the same repetitive trees, broken buildings without much environment parts (the Japanese area needs some improvements as it looks too cluttered and not a lot going on). Improvements could attract a lot more attention.

Overall my suggestions could be taken however you like. Good luck on your game.

2 Likes

Lovely build!

I would suggest filling up the empty spaces, making sure there isn’t a large area with nothing in it.

Hope this helped!
Happy developing!

2 Likes

I have seen the game and all is looking good. Try to fill in all of the empty spaces, as @MrDurpyy stated and add some finer Lighting detail.

1 Like

This game does look too cartoony. I think you should at least texture the grass or the rocks.

1 Like

Looks good as is, some spaces look empty and I don’t like the trees in the shrine area. It doesn’t really look like a zombie focused game so maybe use this for something else.
I’d also suggest in future games you should use more styles, since cartoony styles are way overused in simulators. A follow up for that, simulators are often very very similar, so try to make yours unique. If it already is, good. Just try not to add a bunch of gamepasses, that’s a common problem with simulators. :slight_smile:

Sorry if this was hard to read because it was kind of a stream of consciousness haha.

1 Like