How to fix boat rotating

Hi devs, I recently modelled a pirate ship and I am now trying to use it in a game and I can’t figure out why the ship keeps rotating like this. I’m quite a noob at body movers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Is this ship gonna be driven?, if not then u can just uh anchor it or use bodymovers to keep it in place, but if you’re gonna make it rideable from what i’ve seen people are likely to use BodyMovers to move them

1 Like

Are you using body velocity? And If so I recommend using Body Gyro to stabilize the weird flipping action. If you still don’t get the results you like, add a Body Position and only set the Y value to the height of the boat which should be the height of the part the body forces are in.

1 Like

Yes, I have a seat on it with a script, the script adds force and torque to the part

yea you might wanna use bodymovers to make it stay in place but by doing this you’ll lose the ‘floating’ physics

1 Like

Could you explain this?, cheers.

not sure if you know one piece, but there’s those roblox games that does that for their boats

1 Like

I’m not great with body movers though, do u know any tutorials I could use?

These ones they’re just examples and you can probably make them better

1 Like

Read my post above, I hyperlinked some dev hub info.

1 Like

Ah okay, I tried a body gyro but I couldn’t figure out how to use the properties, I’ll try it now

This would be the best solution here, you can simulate the floating

1 Like

For the body gyro you don’t really need to change the properties, but try D = 850 and P = 7000 while MaxTorque = Vector3.new(7000, 0, 7000)

1 Like

I’ve now added a bodygyro with the properties and a bodyposition with the correct properties and the boat only turns one way when I press a and d. How do I fix this?

(PS: Sorry about the long wait, youtube processing takes years)

You need to change the CFrame of the body gyro with bodygyro.CFrame

1 Like

Set the CFrame to a negative value for one side and positive for the other. Positive for left, negative for right. If the controls are inverted flip the values.

1 Like