How to fix the log-in bug

It worked for me and it should work for others:

[strike]It’s Internet Explorer’s fault…[/strike] It’s fixable with internet explorer.
Something is causing internet explorer to not support https:// pages which in turn causes roblox to not work…

In IE open Tools
Scroll down to Internet Options
Go to the Advanced Tab

Click the “Reset…” button and it should work again!

1 Like

THANK YOU, WILL SPREAD THE WORD

:smiley:

What… so Studio still has IE dependencies? This seems so odd. And what settings are changed in the reset?

Studio doesn’t use IE/anything like it. It uses QtWebKit. It just so happens that QtWebKit uses the Internet Options moreso than other programs which access the internet do.

That’s weird. I’ve never had a problem with Roblox while using Internet Explorer…
Then again, I may have messed with these settings a while ago and simply forgotten…
Only issue I’ve been experiencing ever since some strange update as of recently is that messages take several hours to update due to some weird caching issue.

And no, I’m not one of that tiny percentage of people that still use Internet Explorer, as I also use Chrome. However, since I’ve been using IE for years, it’s like a coffee addiction for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

OH MY GOD! THANKS ALOT! I was about to kill myself :smiley:

I will post this on the roblox help forums as well if OP allows it.

I believe fattycat already did just remember to credit me and I have no problem :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still having the error. I’m extremely frustrated now.

These IE settings have nothing to do with Studio, the only way to fix these bugs is to flush your registry of ROBLOX.

[quote] These IE settings have nothing to do with Studio, the only way to fix these bugs is to flush your registry of ROBLOX. [/quote]Did you seriously just bump an 8 month old thread just for that purpose?

Why is that a bad thing, it’s better than making a new thread about it?

Even though he is completely wrong… these problems are actually completely related to the IE dependency with Roblox Studio and Player. Clearing your Roblox registries will just fix the issues with Studio, but won’t fix the in game universe bug.

I “bumped” the thread, because it had an incorrect “solution” given. I’ve troubleshooted these Studio issues, multiple times.

Why is that a bad thing, it’s better than making a new thread about it?

Even though he is completely wrong… these problems are actually completely related to the IE dependency with Roblox Studio and Player. Clearing your Roblox registries will just fix the issues with Studio, but won’t fix the in game universe bug.[/quote]

Clearing the ROBLOX registry values, for both Studio and client, will clear all data that ROBLOX has in your registry. (Not just Studio) There is no IE dependency in either Studio or client, anymore. The client uses libcurl for most HTTP requests, and Studio uses QWebKit.

Heyo, This was an extremely old bug where something in studio would change your internet settings. It was a system setting that could easily be accessed through Internet Explorer settings window.

No need to bump something eight months old.

Wiping Roblox from the face of your computer did nothing. The bug made it so the way it loaded web pages couldn’t load anything on a https:// server.