How to fix this glass?

Sorry about the confusing title. I know what I want to say but I can’t put it into words.
I’m making a modern office which has quite a few windows. When you look through the windows you can see a fireplace behind it and there is a fire effect in there.
When I set the transparency of the windows to 0.5, I can’t see the particles from the outside. Once I turn it to 0, I can the particles but then it looks like I’ve got no windows.
Is there any way I could keep the transparency as 0.5 and still be able to see the fire?

2 Likes

Try using a plastic material instead.

2 Likes

Probably not, see the Introducing New Material: Glass post. Specifically the section Warning: Non-opaque Objects.

Like @sam_0987654321best said, you’ll probably just have to change the material to something else.

4 Likes

No. Any part (Or, in this care, particle) that is transparent will not be visible from behind the glass. Thankfully, this only happens with the glass material. You could try using metal, ice, or smooth plastic as a replacement.

1 Like

If you want to keep the glass you could make fire out of parts/meshes like neon and what not so you can still see it, might not look as good as fire particles but maybe people will like it better for having a style

1 Like

Yeah I might try that. Shame that what I’m trying doesn’t work but other materials will be a decent alternative. Thanks for your help guys.