How to fling ragdolled dummy without delay

Hey guys I’m currently making a combat system where i use ragdoll at the end of combo.

My problem is that when it comes to ragdoll part the dummy fling is delayed a little bit.
I’m using body velocity for flings.

I know about SetNetWorkOwner(), I already used it on normal punches but i have to set it to nil because of ragdoll system, searching for solutions that don’t use SetNetWorkOwner().

Couldn’t find answers on dev forum so decided to ask.

5 Likes

This is a common problem and there’s many post that have some solutions that may help.

Though, there are a few things you can do, like making sure the ragdoll is on the client and not the server, to have everyone else see it the ragdoll just fire the ragdoll code and fire it to all clients.

-- Server
RagdollPlayer:FireAllClients(CharacterAffected)

-- Client

RagdollPlayer.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(CharacterAffected)
-- Ragdoll code
-- Or function Ragdoll(CharacterAffected)
end)

If you still feel the stutter, you can make the character transparent and create a fake body to replace the ragdoll.

Also bodyvelocity is deprecated, not saying you shouldn’t use it, but I’d either use applyimpulse or assemblylinearvelocity.

2 Likes

I’m using a ragdoll module. Should i use it on client ?

1 Like

You can put the module in replicatedstorage than call it on the client event.

2 Likes

It’s actually worked, thanks.

One more question. The body velocity part should i make on the client too ?
Edit: Nvm it didn’t work

Well just found out that it wont fling to other players

it just moves the torso and other parts will stay in place until the dummy gets up

It’s something with SetNetWorkOwner() ig because when i removed the SetNetWorkOwner(player)
it didn’t show the fling, just throws the torso

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.