How to fully remove the CoreGui

Hello, i’m trying to find a way to fully remove the CoreGui, like no Menu button

There was this method that works by making a LocalScript inside ReplicatedFirst that renames the Player.PlayerGui to anything else, but it looks like it got patched now because the Menu button is visible again after doing that.

I’m want to do this to make my custom Chat, Leaderboard, and Menu so… yeah.

So is there is another method to achieve this?

1 Like

I would not recommend this at all. This could and very likely will get your game deleted, and potentially moderation on your account as well.

I’ve actually used the method of fully removing the CoreGui on a game i made, it hasn’t been deleted. It was public and can be played for a few months but i privated the game weeks ago due to some exploiting issue, i don’t really know if its ever gonna get deleted and got my account moderated since i just let the game sit on my profile for months.

But i guess what you say is possible to happen.

I’m pretty sure trying to lock players into a game server is against the TOS and will result in a game deletion. There is currently no way to disable the menu button but if you find one it’s most likely a bug and you should report it. Also to answer your question you can approximate not letting players click the menu button by performing actions like changing the menu key bind, locking the mouse in the center when it tries to reach the menu(basically resetting its position), etc. However, I consider this method highly unethical and they will most likely just annoy a player base unless they’re done on purpose in the boundaries of let’s say a quest/mission that showcases Roblox features.

PS: Also I’m pretty sure you can stop CoreUIs from loading or make them invisible/unrendered by messing with the client memory(by messing I don’t mean directly editing it but just suddenly increasing and decreasing it)

That is correct. Your game will get deleted, and likely cause your account to get banned as well

Oh well then.
I got nothing to say.

Even though i was planning on making a custom Menu for the game but ok.

Maybe a local script in starter gui:

local StarterGui = game:GetService("StarterGui")
StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false)

This will delete all icons, disable chat, backpack and players tab but not the menu icon

I think is the closer than that you can get to make a custom menu

Why is there even a valid reason to do this? Adding a little space for a button won’t kill you…

My only thought is that they want to create their own menu screen or possibly nefarious reasons like preventing players from leaving normally.

Wouldn’t suggest it. It’s got to be against ToU or atleast a grey area that developers shouldn’t rely on.

Yes exactly, that’s what i want to do.
But from what you guys said that it’s “Too risky”, imma just continue on using SetCoreGuiEnabled to disable chat, leaderboard and backpack

1 Like

The CoreGUI is extremely annoying when working with fullscreen UI’s and such, especially with the new CoreGUI, which is now almost quadruple the size as the older one.

And adding a little “space” for the CoreGUI is the difference between having your UI look clean, or ugly.

7 Likes

So we cant disable this and give the player a different button to leave the game? Or just make it invisible? I have a healthbar I want to be in the top left corner and this new UI makes it look ugly.

2 Likes

Bug that allows you to hide new coregui - Bug Reports / Engine Bugs - Developer Forum | Roblox

oh hell yeah i’ve been needing this for long

1 Like