How to get a Texture of an item

So I’m trying to make an game where people shoot each other, and the starting gun will obviously be an Revolver. I heard MM2’s revolver is based on this this gun but retextured, so I’m wondering how could I get the texture of this gun? And if so how do I read it?

Thanks a bunch.

2 Likes

Assuming it’s a mesh, find a catalog tool of it, and copy and paste texture ID.

Edit: If you give me 5 minutes I can probably get it for you heh.

3 Likes

You can either load the revolver into studio and get the Handle Mesh’s TextureId.

Or if you own the BTRoblox extension, if you go the tool’s page, you can look through what is in the gun in a website “Explorer”, you can click on the Mesh in the Handle, click on the chain near TextureID, and it’ll link you the texture the gun uses

For simplicity, here’s the texture for you

https://www.roblox.com/library/97888197/TX-GPColt45V2

You just retexture this, upload it as a decal, import the original gun’s mesh into Roblox studio, and set the TextureId to the decal you’ve uploaded

6 Likes

You can use a roblox extension such as BTRoblox to do this.

Or you can import the tool with InsertService:LoadAsset(toolId).Parent = workspace in the command bar (also replace “toolId” with the gear id), then copy the TextureId inside the Mesh, put this to your search bar: https://roblox.com/library/idthing/- and replace “idthing” with the texture id you copied.

(this took me too long to write.)

6 Likes

TYSM! Now say I retextured this, how do I import it to the gun? Also, thanks to everybody who replied!

1 Like

I had mentioned it in my edit, basically, once you finish retexturing, upload it to Roblox as a decal. Afterwards, import the gun into Roblox studio, via the command @flkfv mentioned,

game:GetService("InsertService"):LoadAsset(toolId).Parent = workspace

Where toolId is the id of the thing you’re inserting. You just run it in your command bar

Which should place a model into your workspace, if you want to get the tool directly in your workspace without ungrouping

game:GetService("InsertService"):LoadAsset(toolId):GetChildren()[1].Parent = workspace

This will error if nothing is in the model because of an incorrect id or the thing you’re trying to load doesn’t belong to you or roblox or is offsale, not sure if it still returns a model though.

Afterwards, go into the tool in the explorer, go to the handle part, click on the mesh inside of the handle, go into its properties, and replace the id in the TextureId property with the id of your decal that you had uploaded of the retexture

5 Likes