How to get feedback on games?

ROBLOX removed all comments due to bots which means I can’t get feedback from the people who dislike my game. Does anyone have an effective way to receive feedback that you can share?

5 Likes

You could just set your messages to be open to everyone and encourage people to message you any feedback in the description.

You could have a feedback system within your game. Then hook it up somewhere so you can see the feedback messages (not sure if Discord would work).

There is many methods. You can tell players to follow you and send messages to you but it’s probably not that “good” of a method. My take on this is to make a feedback gui. You can modify it all you like. Add feedback category (gameplay, bugs, and etc…) and add “checks” to make sure “troll” feedback does not get sent through. I advise you use Trello’s RESTful HTTPService API to track feedback.

I like to use Trello for that type of stuff for organizational reasons, but that would probably work. The only issue I see there is the possibility of going over the limits Discord has set. Discord isn’t really meant for data storage.

1 Like

:+1: I’d recommend Trello too if you want something with more organization than Roblox Messages.

Incorrect

Though, it has the same issue as Discord, to a degree. If there happens to be a lot of people trying to submit feedback at the same time, you may loose some of it.

And unlike Discord, it’s API limits should accommodate your needs, as iRexBot said.

Trello’s API limits states that there is 100 requests per 10 seconds per token and 300 requests per 10 seconds per app-key Meaning you can send up to 600 requests per minute using a token. Roblox HTTPService’s limit is capped currently at 500 requests per minute. So Roblox’s HTTPService limits would stop you before you could breach max requests to per minute. Anyways, you could just batch all your suggestion requests in 1 minute and send them as 1 card. I think making a HTTPService cap limit wouldn’t be that hard to make.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for elaborating. I don’t have the limits memorized by heart, I’ll edit my post now. Trello seems like the best option in this case then.

There are many ways to gather data and feedback, and I suggest you do some research into qualitative and quantitative feedback tactics that businesses use.

Short surveys are an easy way to rate on a numerical scale how much people enjoy features, but it may not be the best weather vane to point you to future updates. Focus groups or just spending a few hours a month talking to/observing your playerbase can provide plenty of direction as well. But don’t only do one or the other. Do both.

Here’s a long article that explains the differences between qualitative and quantitative gathering, as well as when to use which.

Here’s another article that goes a little deeper into what kind of data gathering tactics you could use.

And if you need further information, feel free to DM me. Though I focused more on communication tactics through college, I touched a lot of data gather techniques along the way that may help you :smile:

4 Likes

Talk to the users that play your game.

Maybe be a bit more specific?..

Luckily it sounds like Roblox will be integrating discord links on game pages soon-ish, so that will probably become a pretty direct way for your players to provide feedback

Like play the game on an alt and talk with the players and get their feedback that way.

It’s sounds obvious but what should we ask them?

Most of the time I disguise myself and go into my game not many people are talking or respond to my questions.

I myself find it hard to find feedback for my showcases and builds. I used to rely heavily on the comments system, because whenever I wanted I could always go read comments and see what people thought. I can’t exactly disguise myself because I get maybe a couple visits a day and I have no idea to tell when :stuck_out_tongue:

I could probably include a “Feedback” button in my games, but I wouldn’t be able to script it.

See what features are being used the most and try and add more to the feature.