How to get my game popular?

My thinking is you could make as many ads but when you click on the ad, what makes you play the game? I think you need to time updates well and make them seem worthwhile of player’s time and money. Plus, if you are looking for free advertising, find discord servers that allow advertising or have advertising channels.

Using Robux to advertise or build a following on twitter or discord.

1 Like

Hmm I was thinking of it but I don’t think that’s a good idea as some people may put copied clothing in it also, I kinda wanna put clothing that’s designed by me or real designers for the group itself.

1 Like

oh wow i didn’t know you could advertise on discord servers.

Some servers allow you to promote your own stuff

3 Likes

Well, I can see why not many people are playing. First of all, it needs to be very attractive. The stores are very plain, not a lot of clothing. Add something like an arcade, and easter eggs. Try advertising, and you will see the difference.

1 Like

I would try making the color blend a tiny bit better it is super bright. Also doing events or special items for VIP/Premium users.

The mall looks pretty plain, I think more details could make it attract more attention. Also, adding events every once in a while could attract some attention such as an egg hunt.

Advertise it that is the best way to get a game popular.

2 Likes

Check out this post I made on another post. It provides a lot of information on how to make your games popular.

1 Like

Thank you will definitely consider making a discord server

1 Like

true it’s still in BETA, i’m going to make different floors soon although the mall should be atleast fine enough at the moment that people can buy clothings and I still don’t understand why it’s not getting a lot of visits, I’m not trying to get it to front page but atleast a popularity with a concurrent 25 players all day long would be great.

1 Like

what kind of servers are those?
could you name them?

it’s still in BETA, I’m going to make different stores soon.

Being straight to the point and addressing many of your concerns:

Why Were The Ads Unsuccessful?:

A general rule of thumb when making any game is to pour some Robux into advertising so your group/game can get noticed, however this only works if you can outbid (AKA pay more than) other people who are competing to have their ads shown. The more you pay, the more your ad is shown.

How Effective Is Your Game Idea at Player Retention?:

Clothing malls, groups and selling clothes are not super effective in luring in and keeping players. Think of real life, how long do you usually spend in a store before you’re no longer interested or have already found something you like? Once you buy it, you’re done, and of course you might come back to buy more later, but nobody buys new clothes everyday, resulting in inconsistent player retention/popularity.

Next Steps:

If you want consistent player retention and your game to become popular, I would recommend rethinking and building a new game from the ground up. While a clothing mall is a great idea, it’s not the most effective/fun. And since you’re just getting started with your Roblox development, there’s always room for improvement. If you want an easy idea, try making a simulator, they’re relatively simple to make, and have a huge player base. Just remember to make it fun and worthwhile!

4 Likes

I’ve definitely consider that althougn I am afraid it will cost a lot to pay the scripter, guis etc.
That’s why I started with this game so I may get some kind of revenue.

But thank you for your feedback tho.

No worries. Now obviously I know that you don’t have all the funds to hire other people, but making a simple game like a simulator would allow you to learn all the basics of developing on Roblox, plus it opens you up to higher revenue (since that’s one of your concerns). If you can learn, make more revenue, and get countless other benefits, why not take the opportunity? You’re off to a good start, you just have to keep going.

Thank you soo much for this all I’m definitely going to make a simulator game or I was thinking a game such as restaurant tycoon as that won’t cost a lot

You don’t really see front page games purely for clothing. Again, mini-games, server events, egg hunts, secret items and easter eggs and more would make it more popular!

Am i tripping or i saw that ad year ago lol