How to get player's name and profile headshot that shows to others?

I am making ID item that shows your username and profile picture to others. I already made scripts (below) for them, but name and profile picture works only for player that has them.

Name script:

local Players = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer
local PlayerName = Players.Name
local TextLabel = script.Parent

TextLabel.Text = PlayerName

Profile picture script

local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local player = Players.LocalPlayer

local userId = player.UserId
local thumbType = Enum.ThumbnailType.HeadShot
local thumbSize = Enum.ThumbnailSize.Size60x60
local content, isReady = Players:GetUserThumbnailAsync(userId, thumbType, thumbSize)

local imageLabel = script.Parent
imageLabel.Image = content
imageLabel.Size = UDim2.new(0, 70, 0, 70)
1 Like

Well that’s becasue they are in local scripts. if you want to share information to the server (for others to see) from the client side, you have to use remote events/functions to share information to the server (and most likely to the client again). Remote Events If you help setting these up, I can help you.

Yeah I need help with it. I only used remote functions in server to client, not client to server

Can I see what you have so far or what you have tested? Also what are you trying to do. Can you add more detail to what your doing?

I said everything in post description

You said you used remote functions. I am curious on those scripts, the ones on your post don’t show or mention any remote functions. Also I would like more detail in your post about what you are doing, even possible a video of what your trying to do?

By that I meant that I used server to client in past, not in this situation. I didnt know that you could use remote events from client to server

I still cant figure it out how to make so everyone can see it

I already got help. Topic is closed

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.