How to get players to return

I have been working on this game for a few months now and I have fixed most of the bugs, I even added a feature for players to add feedback from inside the game. I did a test on the most effective ads I have and I achieved a CTRA of 0.84% and I am spending 2.5k Robux every few days but I am not seeing many players come back. Can you guys check the game out and leave any suggestions for building a player base or overall gameplay quality?

Game has great potential but it is not used. Every round is same as each other and that’s why game gets boring after sometime. You should add more maps or add random events which occur during each round.

1 Like

Thanks, I was thinking of adding a game mode where meteors and bombs fall from the sky and another one where aliens are shooting lasers at the players. I also had a game mode called color wars where there are 2 teams and when you step on blocks you gain points for your side and the team with the most points wins.

love this game! very high quality! I recommend you add gamemodes like @yokedici05 said, also I recommend you make the timer at the top display in a M:SS format. you can do so with this simple function

local function format(num)
local minutes = math.floor(num / 60)
local seconds = num % 60
seconds = math.floor(seconds)
return string.format("%02i:%02i", minutes, seconds)
end

Also, I recommend making maps bigger

Also, I forgot to mention but the tiles which has number on it is bugged. If you stay on them while they have 2 or 3, you can stay there infinitely.

The maps a generated using a special algorithm that picks a random primary color and secondary along with special power blocks, what I could do is increase the number of layers from 3 to 5 giving the player more chances if they fall

I was going for that style of having just seconds being displayed but if it boosts the player’s experience and understanding of how much time is left I’ll absolutely add it

Yeah, you can make that. Also I think you can make themed maps. Like space etc.

yeah it helps with players knowing the time. No one is like “oh look, a hundred seconds left.” Instead they’re like: “oh, theres a minute and 40 seconds left”

yea I’m going to try your method out I get a better grasp of how much time is left when I see both the minutes and seconds left