How to get someone profile image in roblox?

Hello! Can someone help me with getting a specific player avatar in Roblox because I’m having problems.

Do you mean in studio? If so there is a plugin for it.

Yes in studio.
What’s the plugin name?

https://www.roblox.com/library/752585459/Load-Character-Lite?Category=Plugins&SortType=Relevance&SortAggregation=AllTime&CreatorId=0&Page=1&Position=2&SearchId=7060b800-b343-41f9-a10a-5a70125b9771

Bit Jank but it still works. (By jank i mean you have to move individual parts of the body)

There are prob better options but not sure where atm

Gui.

Chars.

Profile image? As in like, set an ImageLabel to the avatar?

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/Players/GetUserThumbnailAsync

local plr = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local id = plr.UserId
local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local ThumbType = Enum.ThumbnailType.AvatarThumbnail --can also be headshot or avatarbust as well
local ThumbSize = Enum.ThumbnailSize.Size150x150 -- many diff sizes
local plrAvatar, isReady = Players:GetUserThumbnailAsync(id, ThumbType, ThumbSize) --use getUserThumbnailAsync

script.Parent.Image = plrAvatar  -- set UserThumbnail

1 Like

I’m trying to get someone’s not my own profile avatar. :confused:

You’d simply change id to another value. What did you have in mind exactly?

local plr = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local id = plr.UserId

local ThumbType = Enum.ThumbnailType.AvatarThumbnail --can also be headshot or avatarbust as well
local ThumbSize = Enum.ThumbnailSize.Size150x150 -- many diff sizes
local plrAvatar, isReady = Players:GetUserThumbnailAsync(id == "2752011450", ThumbType, ThumbSize) --use getUserThumbnailAsync

script.Parent.Image = plrAvatar  -- set UserThumbnail

Simply set the id at the top of the script to 2752011450. It requires an integer, not a string as well.

local id = 2752011450

local ThumbType = Enum.ThumbnailType.AvatarThumbnail 
local ThumbSize = Enum.ThumbnailSize.Size150x150 
local plrAvatar, isReady = Players:GetUserThumbnailAsync(2752011450, ThumbType, ThumbSize) -- you could use the declared id variable or simply enter it here, to showcase both I put what it would look like if you used the ID like this instead of defining in a variable

script.Parent.Image = plrAvatar
4 Likes

ohh thought u meant model. Thanks for the clarification.