How to get the Asset Ids from a character in workspace?

so i’ve been wondering how to get the asset ids from the accessories but i can’t seem to find a solution for this

i also tried this script, but it doesn’t seem to work;

local accessories = {}

for _, child in ipairs(workspace.AlreadyPro:GetChildren()) do
	if child:IsA("Humanoid") then
		local humanoidDescription = child:GetAppliedDescription()
		accessories = humanoidDescription:GetAccessories(true)
		print(accessories)
	end
end

help is appreciated

originally characters have humanoid description but i assume that you just use a character loader to load that character

bro- im not talking about the character, im just asking how to get the accessory ids from a character that is already loaded?

This page seems to answer your question: https://scriptinghelpers.org/questions/37627/how-would-you-find-an-asset-id-via-a-script

Accessories don’t seem to have an asset ID, however, the handle within it does have a mesh and texture ID

im jut looking for the asset id

I found this post mentioning that getting an accessory asset id may not be possible. However, it is possible to get the character info which does include the accessory id. More info below:

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/Players/GetCharacterAppearanceInfoAsync

what if i don’t have the user id?

What is the purpose of you getting the asset Id? Accessories don’t have an asset ID value, however, they do have a child called “Handle”. This “Handle” has a Mesh Id and Texture Id that you can store/use.

1 Like

that is smart Xd shashhsah didnt realize that

ik all this info. im just asking, maybe u could get the accessory id from the texture id or the mesh id by some sort of api? ;-;

What do you have then?

(message minimum)

Someone has already asked that question here. Please read this post and its replies, as it is the same question as yours: Getting an accessory/hat asset ID from the actual hat object

a loaded character with accessories lol
anyways, already solved this problem. thanks to @puofz for solving it and for everyone that tried to help

You should put the solution under @puofz as it only makes sense, just sayin.

it’s not in the same topic ^
msg minimum