How to get the Position of the stars on the Skybox in the workspace?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to create a space game in them we can check out how far we are from a star

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    The issue is simple: I need to create some BillboardGUIs with them we can see the distance between the player and the star, then as we came to the star the star in the background need to dissapear. The thing with the dissapear i am pretty sure that i can done it, but on how to get the Position of a star on the Skyblox i really not know

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I looked in the skybox class, but other than as the StarCount i really not know how to get the Position of the Star in the workspace, and i am pretty sure that raycasting not wont work.

So, if it was possible then pls say it me, as i really not know how it was possible as i not know the size of the skyblox.

1 Like

The skybox infinitely large, so this is impossible unless you make your own stars.

2 Likes

Since the Skybox is composed of 6 individual images that are always the same distance away from the camera, it is not possible to measure their distance since they are always at the same point relative to the camera.

2 Likes

As TOP_Crundee and M9 have said above, the only real way to do this is to make your own stars. Hopefully you can find some sort of work-around for this problem!

2 Likes

Thanks to you all, i will try to make my own stars. And if i will find a solution, maybe i will send it here.