How to get the position of Topbar icons?

I currently have a clickable icon on the topbar which toggles the opening and closing of a page. I’ve managed to achieve most of this relatively easily, except from one thing: the positioning of the icon itself. I basically want to position the icon so its an equal distance to the right of the last core Topbar button.

Here’s my desired effect:

Here’s my current stage:

How would I go about getting the positions of all the topbar icons so I can achieve this? I would also need a way to check their visibility as some developers may have disabled some core GUIs.

Thanks

3 Likes

You can enable the CoreGui explorer in studio settings to check the positions. You can also get the transparency using this , or use this to check if a component is enabled

1 Like

Do you know a way to get these positions in-game? For example, the position of the HD Icon will need to change in-game every time a core GUI is enabled or disabled (i.e. if the Playerlist was disabled, then move the icon to the right of the Chat icon).

1 Like

I don’t think that’s possible currently as the signal has an elevated context (CoreScript only) https://www.robloxdev.com/api-reference/event/StarterGui/CoreGuiChangedSignal

You could periodically check using Get but it’s not the most efficient thing to do

1 Like

it’s a bit strange as to why they’ve elevated the context for that - I can’t see any obvious reason for that?

Thanks for your help. I’ll give your suggestions a go.

Yeah, it’s a bit odd ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully it works :+1:

1 Like

All images in the topbar are UDim2.new(0,50,0,36) for size and all have a 50 offset on the X axis so, settings is at 0,0,0,0 chat is at 0,50,0,0 backpack 0,100,0,0 and your ImageButton should be at UDim2.new(0,150,0,0)

TL:DR
Size = UDim2.new(0,50,0,36)
Position = UDim2.new(0,150,0,0)

8 Likes

@ForeverHD Might wanna set the post to solved seeing as it got answered. :eyes:

3 Likes