How to handle high ping?

I wanna ask how to handle high ping? like in games such as A Bizzare Day even when i got 1000+ ping i still didn’t experience any major lag.
like input delay,effects delay,etc.
i really need this, because i wanna make an Action Game, and a Laggy Action Game is trash
(Looks like there’s some misunderstanding, what i want to achieve is not decreasing the ping but make the game doesn’t look like it lags even though it’s actually lagging).

That’s interesting. How did you measure your own ping? Your measurement may be inaccurate, since a ping over 1000 would already have get you into massive lag.

well, sometimes my ping spikes to 1000+ in A Bizzare Day
and i turned on Performance Stats in Roblox Settings which lets me see my own ping. In any game i played.
usually my ping is around 200 - 300, the best is 100.

i get 343 ping in empty baseplate

i got this much ping in blox piece

i think one of your Plugins can cause this lag, can you check all your Plugins?

well, all i have is the default roblox plugins, such as Rig Builder,Animation plugin,etc.

if not the Plugins is the problem, i think ur computer/laptop without any script and this ping i think is ur computer/laptop problem

well, that’s why im asking, if i got this problem then maybe there’s another roblox player that also got this problem.
i want my game to be playable even if you have high ping.
and i live far from europe btw.

1 Like

@slothfulGuy you can measure your own ping ingame by simply pressing shift+f5 (i believe) and it shows it.

If that is how you measured it.

the ping can be changed and from how far ur from America, more far u are more ping u have (only u, not the players that isn’t far from America)

ye, i know, that’s why im asking how to handle this high ping, because there’s some asian players too in roblox.
and some games like A Bizzare Day can handle it.

Many popular games use Streaming Enabled to lower the number of instances and thus lag.

2 Likes

That’s weird. I have 100 ping in my game with 8k parts and tens of thousands of other instances while being in Ukraine (it takes 40 hours to fly from US to Ukraine). I think that some programs on your computer are increasing your ping.

Woah! it worked! my jojo game which is very laggy now become lagless! wish i knew this feature months ago, i wouldn’t spend too much time on trying to make a game less laggy.

1 Like

Note that there are downsides to using this feature. Parts which aren’t streamed in can’t be referenced in scripts. You’ll need to do more research and see if it really fits for your game instead of just flicking the switch on, however it does seem to be very useful.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Roblox has multiple servers to be handling players from different regions, it does not just depends on the US, even though that’s where their headquarters is located in.

2 Likes

nothing broken after i turned it on, so i guess it’s compatible with my game.

A pretty late reply but yes there is us,eu and singapore servers
singapore servers are rare btw