How to have clients submit data to a global, cross-server data store?

I couldn’t figure out the best way to summarize this in a title so here’s the full explanation.
Basically, I want to make a game with 1 player servers, and each player can submit an “Object” to the server that they can name whatever they want. The object will have other values too, but that’s not important right now.

This is my crude mockup of the page where people will submit an object. The “Object” in this instance will be a string value transmitted to every server.

When an object is submitted, there will be a “polls” section where people can vote on wether or not the object should become real. Objects in polls will be added onto a separate datastore called “polls” that will load all the objects in the datatsore to every existing and created server to be voted on. That’s the thing I do not know how to do. And when a poll reached enough yes votes, the object will move to the “Objects” Datastore

So, yeah. My question is how do I do something like that? this seems way more complex than the likes of a global leaderboard. I’m not asking for code, or anything more that how to pull off something like that. When I know HOW I can do it I can do it myself.

Try using MemoryStoreService and its queue system. It allows you to easily and quickly read them across servers.

1 Like