How to Import a custom mesh animation from Blender

Hello DevForum, I believe this topic has been coarsely discussed throughout the platform however, I have not seen my specific issue, which is why I thought it would be necessary to create my own topic.How would I import a custom mesh animation into roblox and have it actually work? My mesh has no armatures and therefore, no bones so I cant use pose mode and therefore, I cant use the RBXAnimations plugin. What should I do? I’ve been on this topic for several days.

https://gyazo.com/45fc24c396a5674d22c9e25395425af5
[Bare in mind the actual animation is sort of trash, since it’s vfx which I’ll edit in Studio]
In roblox:
https://gyazo.com/9934e806329a97ec969006153cde0343

7 Likes

It seems that no one is able to resolve this, I have scoured the internet and yet to no avail.

2 Likes

something tells me that you should make an armature. i dont know what tells me that, i happen to be an animator but i also happen to live in a haunted environment

3 Likes

I did do that as well. I tried several different ways and that did not work. I made an armature, then I weighted the sphere to it via parent and automatic weights. It did not do anything. I also tried inserting an R6 rig as to pretend it is a humanoid.

2 Likes

i tried to do it for myself, so here’s an uncomprehensive video guide i just slapped together

i hope this helps!

4 Likes

You see, you animated it using the bones, I dont see how that would work for my animation… I tried it again just to see if I was being delusional however, it still fails to work.

1 Like

once you place a bone, enter the weight editor and make it cover all of what you want to shift (i think)

2 Likes

You see, your animation involves changing sizes of instances. Which Roblox does not like for whatever reason.
I highly recommend you using scripts in order to achieve your result, because I do not think it is possible in your case.

3 Likes

Hmm okay, I’ll try tweening it…

2 Likes

Im not shifting though, Im scaling it. Im going to go ahead and attempt importing different parts of the mesh then Tweening them with Size.

4 Likes

i see your thought process.
thanks for your cooperation! we all tried, yet you didnt want to take the effort. i’ve been there, as i am a proper animator :)

2 Likes

I am not sure what you’re attempting to say? ‘proper’ animator, ‘you didn’t want to take the effort’, where are these backhanded insults coming from? DevForum is meant to be a positive and supportive environment and therefore, I won’t sully it with retorts. I appreciate that you made a video to help me however, it did not help and therefore, I have to seek alternatives. Unless you can show me that you have imported an animation similar to mine into roblox properly, then I don’t think your comments will be of help :). Thanks for your help though.

6 Likes