How to import textures from Blender and then export it to Roblox studio?

I have a model that is textured on Blender using the " Base Color " property.

However, when I export that model to Roblox Studio using a MeshPart, the textures ( colors ) are missing.

How can I import the model textures from Blender and then add it to the model in Roblox Studio?

What the textures MB? sssdsdsdsd s

Sorry, but what do you mean by MB? Mega Bite?

When I say textures, I mean colors. I just colored my model using the Base Color property.

You need to bake the texture to an image file. You can find many tutorials on this, but it’s essentially: UV-unwrap the model, texture it, add an empty image texture to the material (make sure it’s selected/active), set render mode to cycles, bake the diffuse texture.

Okay! I’ll look for a tutorial on that, but what should I search? I’m confused

I’ll show you how.

asset, with color

Go to Shading (top-side of UI).
With shift + a, you can add a node. Add an Image texture node. Click new > ok. Make sure you select the item node.

Now go to render settings (right side of screen). Set engine to cycles. Scroll down to baking. Set bake type to diffuse. Deselect direct and indirect.

Select the mesh in the viewport. Hit bake. Wait for it to complete.

Now the image texture was baked to from the material. Make sure you save the image texture.

Upload the texture into Roblox. Add a surfaceAppearance to the mesh, and plug in the ID of the texture.

5 Likes

Thank you so much bro! You’re a life saver:)

I’ll follow it step by step and see if it works:)

But probably tomorrow as it’s too late for me.

It’s 1:51 AM for me and I’m gonna sleep soon.

Also you should post your post in #resources:community-resources to help others if they’re facing the same problem as I saw MANY topics about the same problem I WAS having

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.