How to improve this?

NextTimeEatASalad here,

I just need to know how I could improve this hallway for my upcoming story game.
Any thoughts, opinions, or constructive criticism is appreciated.
However, the rooms with the stone walls represent cells. (Like prison cells!)

11 Likes

Maybe add some wall trim, some long pipes on the ceiling, boxes… Just stuff to make it more detailed and alive yk?

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, thanks.

(CharactersForThisMessage)

Make it shorter, change textures - the one on the right side doesn’t fit at all

2 Likes

Add more decorations, change textures, make the hallway less wide.
Its pretty bland, maybe some color too…?

1 Like

Here is an updated picture.

2 Likes

A ton of it looks super clean, maybe you could add some additional texturing to the walls and floor to make it look a little bit more used up?

1 Like

That sounds interesting, could you specify what you mean by that a little more?

Already looks better!
I also recommend making the grey slate or rock textured wall have some more detail, like a bulletin board, supports, lights, vents, an alarm, or something.

2 Likes

I think making the colors fit better together, like brightening up the colors of the wall or darkening the floor to make it blend in better. this looks very amazing though and by your other post, I would be willing to try whatever game you are making.

1 Like

It looks like the hallway has not been used at all. It is so over perfectly clean, I think adding maybe dirt textures or spills in the hallway would make it feel more like it has been used, and overall making it feel more alive.

1 Like

You may change decals and make the wall + roof with objects, so it would like more like a 3d object, it would make it a lot better I think.

1 Like

add more to the walls and ceiling, they feel pretty plain, other than that its good

1 Like